Engine, she no run so good!

Could use a little help guys, I have a 196 cc clone on an mb165 that won't run without the choke almost fully closed. I removed the carb and cleaned out the jet and verified fuel is getting into the bowl lifting the float up and down. I checked for air leaks and found nothing, so having checked what I'd think are the basics if someone has some insight it would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks chipper, trinik7597. The engine is bone stock no after market parts or anything else. I can't find an air leak anywhere so if I had to I'd put my money on shortage of fuel but like I stated I think I covered the basics. The float is plastic and no holes and is moving freely and I haven't been able to find any debris in the carb except the dry crust kind of like hard water stain in the jet and main tube which is all cleaned up and looks like new, there was no dirt whatsoever in the bowl. I did note that when I sprayed WD40 around the choke hinge and the entrance holes the engine seemed to smooth out a little because of the over spray I guess that's why I'm kind of leaning towards a fuel shortage.

Yup no Harbour freight in Canada, we have the equivalent called Princess Auto. Thanks guys, I did check the e-tube and everything else I can think of and cleaned the carb 3 times, so much for 3rd time's the charm. A carb from OldMiniBikes is 46. bucks plus duty and shipping so I'll likely end up with an 80. dollar bill by the time I'm done and don't even know if that will fix the problem. So, I figured if I'm going to spend that much on parts I may as well buy a new engine for $129. with a no questions asked warranty for two years and be done with it, problem solved! Thanks for the help guys, cheers

OND, UUuuum nooo. I will check that out though I have another project I could stick that engine on. Now the guy mentions it, shhhheeeesh!!! Cheers

If you are still using the stock tank, make sure the filter in the bottom of the tank isn't partially clogged. I've had that happen on two different customer motors.

Briggster, It is the original tank and I've had some problems with it in the past, it had a fuel level bubble that disintegrated and I've been unable to come up with something to seal the opening with. The fuel flow from the tank though seems to be more than adequate with no sign of it being impeded by anything.

Here is a couple of pics of the Canadian version of what I believe to be the equivalent of the American Harbor Freight predator engine. The store was out of the 6.5 hp during the sale so they gave me a 7 hp instead. The last engine lasted 7 yrs with no problems so for $129. and a two year full no questions asked replacement warranty how can you go wrong. I ran the engine for 1/2 hr to check it out and with a little idle tweak it seems to be fine. The first thing I do is desticker anything I buy, hate stickers!!! still some sticker gum to clean up.

104_1739.JPG 104_1740.JPG

cxbra

If its BONE stock, then im 90% sure its your jet. My Predator never ran "right" when I first got it because it was 1) Running way too lean. 2) Low oil pressure sensor was cutting the bike off and on in the corners, make sure to disconnect the low oil sensor). I had to almost double the size of the stock jet to get the bike to run right, especially after I ported the stock intake box. Just bore the jet out a little and go from there.. I used one of those tiny drill bits and bored it out slowly over the course of a couple minutes and it turned out great.