Excess vibration

Generally, 2 strokes are very smooth compared with 4 strokes.

I sold my Track 2 and never tried 6.5 clone on it. I can tell you, 1st time I put HF 6.5 clone on my DB30, was scary to me, seemed to vibrate a lot, especially compared with 97cc. I know sounds lame to some, but that's the way it was for me.

Not a good test for vibration to rev without a load IMO. Connect up everything, get it ready to ride. Put the bike on a stand to raise the rear wheel off the ground and run it some. Put load on it with the brakes (be careful, don't burn up your brakes), see how it feels then.

Too bad you didn't start it stock to have a baseline. A few mods, like you made will probably make it idle rougher.

I wear gloves when I ride, helps with vibration, plus road rash, if you go down. :thumbsup:

Otherwise, I guess you will have to tear it down and look for something you assembled wrong. Could happen, lots of stuff easy to do wrong. Last engine I had trouble with, I had the valves swapped, ran, but didn't run very well. :doah:

Generally, 2 strokes are very smooth compared with 4 strokes.

I sold my Track 2 and never tried 6.5 clone on it. I can tell you, 1st time I put HF 6.5 clone on my DB30, was scary to me, seemed to vibrate a lot, especially compared with 97cc. I know sounds lame to some, but that's the way it was for me.

Not a good test for vibration to rev without a load IMO. Connect up everything, get it ready to ride. Put the bike on a stand to raise the rear wheel off the ground and run it some. Put load on it with the brakes (be careful, don't burn up your brakes), see how it feels then.

Too bad you didn't start it stock to have a baseline. A few mods, like you made will probably make it idle rougher.

I wear gloves when I ride, helps with vibration, plus road rash, if you go down. :thumbsup:

Otherwise, I guess you will have to tear it down and look for something you assembled wrong. Could happen, lots of stuff easy to do wrong. Last engine I had trouble with, I had the valves swapped, ran, but didn't run very well. :doah:
everything noted thanks chris

Just a suggestion- get a high quality sets of handlebar grips! It really does make a difference. At first we had the cheap plastic ones with the long rigid fins= no good.:no: We upgraded to a nice oversize rubber set and it was noticeably better.:thumbsup:
Michael

Just a suggestion- get a high quality sets of handlebar grips! It really does make a difference. At first we had the cheap plastic ones with the long rigid fins= no good.:no: We upgraded to a nice oversize rubber set and it was noticeably better.:thumbsup:
Michael
got a link to the grips thanks chris

Well anyway I lied The Vibration Damping pad came today so I cut it up and tried it out, there is no doubt in my mind there is less vibration Mcmaster- carr part # 5998K4

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. Have you got a photo of it installed? Does the engine stay put after you tighten it down? (i.e., No sliding and loosening chain)
Regards,
Michael

125ccCrazy

you have to be careful putting anything under the engine that will "squish"...it may snap a mounting ear on the block since the block is solid and doesn't like to flex... You would be better off putting rubber dampened handlebar mounts on the bike to reduce the vibration to your arms... Or have the engine balanced..

I used rubber mounts on both sides of the mounting bolts to my cone engine, as well as the bolts to the handlebars and seat as well.

If you want, you can use a handlebar snake as well.

Vibration???? Humm, On my next build I will make an engine mount to tie in the top of the engine or head to the top frame rail's. If you have ever experienced a loose or broken top engine mount on a pre Evo Harley Davidson you'd totally understand my idea or thought on this. I think the engine needs to be incorporated to isolate vibrations or better contain them over the entire frame structure, especially on a minibike with the engine bolted to a piece of sheetmetal. :scared:
An 8hp Briggs for instance, beyond the limits of a governor "3650rpm's" will turn your arms numb. You can actually see the engine pulse from vibs, it needs anchored in better, again like a HD, off the top of the head:thumbsup:
just sayin"
I agree with your thinking, I am going to make a head plate mounting bracket and attach it to the frame, I had the head mount on my shovelhead break and the vibration was much the same. I looked at the head and cylinder on the Predator 212cc and could actually see it vibrate on acceleration and I also feel a mount will help stop a lot of the vibration. :thumbsup: