extra carbs

i have some extra carbs laying around and i was thinking. after seeing mdbikes twin carb setup and knowing i dont have the head nor the cam nor the funds. why cant i fab up manifold to run twin clone carbs. one carb i think would be my max bored clone carb with a fixed jet and the 2ndcarb would have a adjustable jet and no idle jet just sealed up idle hole. do you think it will work?
i think i could make a progressive linkage setup if i had to. maybe ust maybe i could get it to work with small carbs. :gunsmilie:

125ccCrazy

generally on a dual carb set up both carbs are the same size and jetting, not sure how using two different set ups will work.... If the engine is going to be basically stock it may be too much but worth a shot if you like to experiment... Since you have the carbs worse case senerio your just out your time to fab it up...

I think the best way to set them would be have the engine run on one carb up to about 1/2 throttle or so then the other carb would start to open until they were both wide open at full throttle. This is how a 4 barrel carb on a car works. This would give you better idling and low throttle response with all the top end airflow yuou could need.

I think the best way to set them would be have the engine run on one carb up to about 1/2 throttle or so then the other carb would start to open until they were both wide open at full throttle. This is how a 4 barrel carb on a car works. This would give you better idling and low throttle response with all the top end airflow yuou could need.
thats what i was thinking to! now the trick is getting t to run right. and th motor is 20 over with a flattop billet rod 1.3 rockers .100 shorter pushrods with a ported head 3angle valve job milled.065 and 26lb valve springs and lash caps on both valves and a honda guideplate and lol air filter and with a cut and turned candy cane pipe timing advanced 8deg. with that being said i will order the cam soon! when i put the bored carb on the thing really woke up.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I think it's possible it may work. Stock clone carbs are only 14mm each, and restrict the stock head flow without even having work done to it.

But your gonna need the carbs to run the same, either stock size, or open to the same size. Also the jetting would need to be the same. But there is gonna still be a lot of tuning from there.