Fender Fab

CC 51

Being that original Cat fenders are a little hard to find, I figured it would be easy enough to fab a set that would fit the radius of the tire a little closer than the original ones

nice job is that blue thing a shrinker? sheet metal forming is one thing id like to be able to do. I just dont have the tools for it . Hammering and bending things over the thigh and bench vice can only get ya so far :laugh:

CC 51

Yes that is a shrinker, i have done it before without a shrinker....a lot more work and a lot more time. The buffing takes the most time.

I've seen those shrinkers at HF I wonder if they would perform close to what yours does, I've always been interested in metal work and have a small metal bender for straight metal but this would be cool to do. Great work :thumbsup:

Nice work CC! To a guy like me who uses CNC equipment everyday, this type of handiwork can be a mystery. It's very cool to see how it's done. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

zeeman

Very nice work. How would you go about putting a rounded profile on the top of the fender instead of it being flat on top?:thumbsup:

CC 51

I've seen those shrinkers at HF I wonder if they would perform close to what yours does, I've always been interested in metal work and have a small metal bender for straight metal but this would be cool to do. Great work :thumbsup:
I would think that the HF units may work alright, especially on aluminum. I think it depends on the quality of the jaws, I use mine on mild,stainless and aluminum without any problems.

CC 51

Very nice work. How would you go about putting a rounded profile on the top of the fender instead of it being flat on top?:thumbsup:
Doing the rounded top would require a mallet, sandbag and an english wheel ( which I have). Maybe I'll do one and we'll see how it comes out. I have also thought about doing a couple stainless fenders, the polishing would be a serious task!

CC 51

Other than being light and easy to form it is extremly cheap chrome! This stuff is kind of the Oldsalt, handmade, odschool way of doing it.

Ya think I could talk you into making fenders for my Bearcat Twister?

I have a pedstal buffer for my custom knife's. So I can finish them.

Bullhead