Fffffox Cccccampus

buckeye

Yeah, saw that. This is the second time he listed it.
He is a real nice guy. I have messsged him about parts if he don't sell it. He won't sell any parts. Says it needs to stay complete.
That's alright in my book.

Yeah, saw that. This is the second time he listed it.
He is a real nice guy. I have messsged him about parts if he don't sell it. He won't sell any parts. Says it needs to stay complete.
That's alright in my book.
Let's go halvsies Tom. We'll offer him two hundred. I'll take the wheels, hubs, and headlight and you can have the fenders. Unfortunately someone did one hell of a butcher job on the motor mount plate up by the foot pegs and the front forks too. IMO not worth the effort to try to restore. If it were only the forks that had been trashed; OK but with the motor mount chopped; no way. For that kind of money you can get a Campus in way better shape. Is he a member here? Ogy

Hi guys. I just got on here tonight, and am the new kid on the block. I purchased this bike, as I've been hunting one for 15 years. I'm not real sure how the motor mount is supposed to look, as I sold my Campus bike in '68. I"ve started the task of restoration myself and will take my time. The first order of business is to get and new jack shaft fabricated, as the original was broke in half. They I'd like to find out if the fenders and chain guard can be whitened up. Any ideas? I'm sure I'll have more questions as the project progresses.

Hello Turkeyman, What a coincidence. I sold my Fox Campus back in 67. I now have 13 Fox Campus bikes; ten of which are undergoing 100% from the ground up restorations. I'm curious as to what your intentions are with your Fox. Are you planning to just fix it up a bit and ride it or are you planning a full, historically accurate restoration? Did you get the original front end with your bike? I believe I remember him saying that he still had it. Your fenders are made from polyethylene and I am unaware of any process for whitening them. I see where the seller did a hatchet job on the foot peg area of the motor mount plate. Attached is a pic of how the original looked. Welcome to Fox Campus Restorers Club. We hold our annual meetings in ONE booth at Burger King. I'll be glad to answer any further questions you might have. Good luck, Ogy

Hi Ogy. The seller did throw in a set of the lower front forks, and I've taken the extended things off and replaced with the new, just to see how it looked. Plans of the present is a complete restoration to its new condition, if I live long enough and don't run out of money. Do you suggest a powder coat of the frame? I'm not sure on the stripping, painting process, and yes, I've got lots to learn. Thanks for the photos of the mount. Those extended forks I took off could be cut down and rebushed like new ones.