Finally... more progress on the Manco Chopper

Recall the 1970ish Manco Chopper resto project I started on earlier this year:

Before 03-03-10:

Today 12-21-10:

First test drive went very well... engine runs great, but the front wheel is slightly out of balance causing a high speed vibration in the forks at about 25 mph.

Man, it really feels good when a project gets to this point.

mardyn

** darn, new software is blocking my pics... stand by please.

Last edited:
Your chopper looks awesome :thumbsup: Great job

Man $65 for powdercoat ... I am getting Raped around here. The Terra Tandem cost me $200 plus for the powdercoating.If I could get a quality job done for under $100 .Every bike I have would be powdercoated. :hammer:

Here's a few more detail shots;

I'm experimenting with photobucket bulk uploader... please give me a minute.

I think the pics are now "clickable" for larger versions. Somebody please give it a try and let me know if it works.

This is a pic of the special order bad-ass rear sprocket that Scooter Boy built for this project. Fits and works perfectly.

Next pic is the modified throttle linkage as detailed here on OMBs, this was originally a pressure washer engine with a fixed position throttle controller converted over for use on a mini bike.

Lastly, my rear band brake purchased from OldMiniBikes Warehouse.

Thanks for all this nice comments.

mardyn

Last edited:
Mardyn...the bike looks awesome....Very nice !! One small detail I noticed that you might want to change is the intake manifold/tube. The one on that motor is VERY restrictive. The part # you need is 28416A.