Fire

Minibikin',
Does the 3.5 Briggs have the accessory bolt circle around the output shaft? Will he be able to use his existing clutch/chain guard?

Looks like the donations are going well. I see your location is listed as Dallas. I'm in Fort Worth and have a shop at my home. If you want to sand blast the frame and paint it let me know. I also have drive train parts removed from a Puma 200 with #40 chain - clutch, jackshaft, etc.

There is a 5hp Briggs & Stratton flathead that a buddy gave me sitting out on my patio - it's yours if you want it - probably just needs a carb rebuild and maybe a spark plug. If you want it I'll do a restoration on it and make sure it runs good.

Send me a PM if I can help - Monster Garage freebie of course.

I can well appreciate the outpouring of assistance for a kid - that's how it's supposed to be. He is getting something he'll never forget and you dad are channeling it to him. :thumbsup:

His heart will always be there for others. That's exactly the kind of people we need on this earth.

Last edited:
Thanks so much.
Got the bike sanded and started to shoot the bare spots last night. Getting a motor sent this week. I'm north of McKinney Tx and travel to Dallas every day.
The only thing left is the clutch. Would be nice to step up to #40.
Looks like the donations are going well. I see your location is listed as Dallas. I'm in Fort Worth and have a shop at my home. If you want to sand blast the frame and paint it let me know. I also have drive train parts removed from a Puma 200 with #40 chain - clutch, jackshaft, etc.

There is a 5hp Briggs & Stratton flathead that a buddy gave me sitting out on my patio - it's yours if you want it - probably just needs a carb rebuild and maybe a spark plug. If you want it I'll do a restoration on it and make sure it runs good.

Send me a PM if I can help - Monster Garage freebie of course.

I can well appreciate the outpouring of assistance for a kid - that's how it's supposed to be. He is getting something he'll never forget and you dad are channeling it to him. :thumbsup:

His heart will always be there for others. That's exactly the kind of people we need on this earth.

Thanks so much.
Got the bike sanded and started to shoot the bare spots last night. Getting a motor sent this week. I'm north of McKinney Tx and travel to Dallas every day.
The only thing left is the clutch. Would be nice to step up to #40.
Send me a PM with shipping address and I'll send you the clutch and rear sprocket along with some chain. Clutch is essentially new - has about 2hrs of run time on it.

Are you kidding me. Sweet!!
I'll get the sprocket work.
When you get the part you can take it to your friend for assistance. If this one can't be made to work, you can surely get something that will without too much work. At a minimum you will have clutch and chain both near new. :wink:

I have some other parts going out this coming weekend, I'll pack this stuff up and send it along with the other shipment per your PM.

Need anything else? I would like to help. We, also have been in dire straights. Someone was kind enough to help us, so pay back time. It's called pay it forward. PM me with anything else you may need. Tom
That's exactly what it is. When I was a kid, back in the 60's and 70's there were many older mentors along the way. One gentleman lived a few doors down from a close fiiend of mine. This guy was about 75 or more when we met him - we were about 14 and had Lil Indian 500's with 3hp B&S engines on them. His name was Glen Warren, H. G. Warren - look him up on Google at Cal Poly - he taught aeronautics engineering there back in the 30's. Mr. Warren had a full machine shop at his house and like neighbor kids. Needless to say we spent hours there and he taught us. How to read mics, how to use mics, inside, outside, hole gauges, telescoping gauges, slide rule and general machining and properties of metals.

Supercharging, fuel injection, water injection and on and on. The man was brilliant and held many patents. The first machine to make wooden aircraft propellers, co-designed the joystick on the P-51 Mustang, designed much of the flow metering equipment still in use today in the medical fields - he used to joke about that - called it giving the quack doctors more ways to kill people.

Now, I'm becoming the old man and it feels good to give some back. RIP Mr. Warren, your legacy lives on and thank you.

Needless to say, we had by far the fastest Mini Bikes in our circles.

Last edited:
Hope you guys arnt expecting a small child. He's 14 but this bike is his freedom. He bought the doodle bug , cause Dad had one when he was a kid. He saves and takes care of his stuff.
On weekends he rides to our old neighborhood about 7 miles away and stays the night with his best friend ,,,,nice living in the country .
Everyone knows Bryce as the kid on the mini bike.
When he takes off to ride his bike my wife and I tease him by singing "Born to be Wild" lol
You guys a helping someone who will tell mini bike stories for the rest of his life.
Thank you all.
Taking pictures of Project "Phonex" as the bike comes along. Will post when I figure out how to downsize pics!!!
Yep - we want some pics of that smiling face when it's done. Doesn't get any better than that. :thumbsup: