First snow today

old-timer

Scamming Member
Pretty cold and windy up here in NH today too !!
Supposed to get down in the 20s tonight :doah:

Can you say oil bill ?? :censure:

Vic

We've had some flurries on and off now for about aweek.
Ground was all covered southeast of us last saturday
sunny and almost 50 right now

We had a little snow in MIO, Mi last sunday morning as we were getting our McDonalds breakfast.

Its that time of year and it looks like its going to make up for last years very mild winter.

I was telling the guys at work that I expect snow here in october which is possible just not likely but with the way things are going I wouldnt be surprised.

I miss indian summers the weather went from hot to a couple of weeks of beautiful mild weather to chilly weather, 50's not cold but not my ideal 65-75.

I have not worn a pair of long pants in three years. That happen the last time I went hunting in NewMexico.

Our sunny day vanished! We just had a 15 minute downpour! It's ok..we needed it.

Bullhead

Wed 2:30 Pm light snow mixed with rain fell for a few minuts.
Hard frost this morning.

Winter is on time....

May cut grass once more.
Screw the leaves they rot.

Expecting bellow zero conditions in 3 weeks to stay with snow to stay sometime in mid November.....

Well Portland, Oregon is receiving the first measurable rain in 3 1/2 months and that is a all time record. Haven't turned on the heat yet but that wont be put off much longer.
The snow reports make me grateful to live where it's a big deal to have snow.
Steve :scooter:

Ginger and Odie having a fun day in the back yard

buckeye

Well, it's a very comfortable 81, minimal humidity for us,and a perfect South Alabama day. This is my favorite time of year. Mid 70's lower 80's then 50-60's at night.
Won't get cold(50' and40's for high's) til late Jan and then Feb gets cold.
Since I hqve lived here, the only way to see snow is go North.
I'll take it.:thumbsup:

Well, it's a very comfortable 81, minimal humidity for us,and a perfect South Alabama day. This is my favorite time of year. Mid 70's lower 80's then 50-60's at night.
Won't get cold(50' and40's for high's) til late Jan and then Feb gets cold.
Since I hqve lived here, the only way to see snow is go North.
I'll take it.:thumbsup:
The weather sounds nice but all that banjo music would eventualy drive me mad.

Best to just stay here.
The freeze will come.
I will hybernate for a time, leaving my den only to answere natures call and perhaps hunt for a meal of " stopped foolish tourist on snowmachine "

Last edited:
Yeah but, Daisy Duke shorts on the sweet Southern girls make up for the banjos.:thumbsup:
Edit:
Made some orangemen jokes...
No one will get it....

Buck:
Up here you never see those shorts.
But I could take you out to the valley here up here in the summer and you can see the frogs mow the grass topless because she can.
Generaly its just an unsightly political statement.

Last edited:
Well Portland, Oregon is receiving the first measurable rain in 3 1/2 months and that is a all time record....Ginger and Odie having a fun day in the back yard
Finally. My yard was getting pretty crunchy. We camped in central Ore. last weekend and it was so dry and dusty. I worked at the coast today and got drenched.

Oh, Ginger & Odie are pretty adorable.