FOMOGO's - DB30 - (Chinese Class)

This is just because I have all the parts or at least 98 percent of them. And I would like to get this thing together for a little fun.

Plan is Suspension forks with modified offset. Hydraulic Disc brakes front and rear. Predator 212 Hemi. Bigger tires. Lower the fenders and maybe a Torque Converter. And some kind of better seat foam..... and cover.

Doug

Affectionately known as "Who Flung Doo..... dle". You have to have the pause in there..... :chinese:

Last edited:
Don't take any crap from that buckeye dude, he spent his whole 1st year here suckin up :laugh:
Good luck on your builds :thumbsup:
Here is a little food for thought
Nice little DB :thumbsup: I like it!

I don't pay him any attention...

That is the same color combo that mine currently is. I plan to paint it all red when I get done. I was looking at my seat just this afternoon and thinking it was to long. You just confirmed that thought... Did you make the seat or is it off of something in particular? I do like the way it fits/looks.

I hope mine turns out that nice.

Thanks,

Doug

I bought that seat off either e-bay or BMI(it sucked) it was a trick getting it to work with no welding but I managed :thumbsup:
Oh I'm just picking on buckeye/Tom he and I are friends :doah:
Randy

Well I ordered new tires for the DB..... I ordered ITP brand 15 x 6 x 6 from Summit Racing at $29.97 each for a total of $59.94 for 2.

I got them and as usual they are all squished... No big deal let them sit out in the sun for a week and limber up. Didn't pay them any attention just left them in the sun. Went out a few minutes ago and picked them up to go and mount them.... Only to discover that they are Carlisle's (I absolutely HATE Carlisle tires!) with ITP numbered stickers stuck over the Carlisle stickers.....

Look up the tires on Summit Racing and they are 2 for $41.97.. @^@*&^&%^!$$^&*()-0

Called Summit and asked what my order showed that I had purchased and paid extra money for. He said ITP tires.... I wanted to reach through the phone and choke somebody. So I asked why I was charged the ITP price and sent cheaper priced junk Carlisle's. He didn't know but If I could provide the number of the tire I was referring to he could refund the difference or I could return them and see if they could send the correct tires. < That is exactly how he phrased it. He gladly refunded the difference as if he had filled the order his self and new what had been done. Yet he has no clue of what is sitting in front of me.

I have never owned a Carlisle tire that was not a piece of stiff heavy junk. :001_9898::001_9898: I hope they have improved...

At least these are a bias ply tire. If they were nylon he could have them back for sure. We shall see what they do.

I hope this is the low and the build is up hill from here....

Fun, fun, fun, or at least its supposed to be.

Doug

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD !!! :shrug::confused::shrug: I love a older DB with a hemi head Predator . Better gear it high or put wheelie bars on it ! :scooter:____ ~~~ You are going to love it .

Well I still have not been able to go out in the shop and work. I can hobble out there and it just gets more and more painful to stand on the concrete... But I had work in progress when I got hurt so this afternoon I hobbled out and took a few pictures.

I am trying to convert to hydraulic brakes and the caliper wont line up. At first I thought I had the spacers backwards but the stock caliper slides right in place so I have them on the right sides. I have to have a 1/4 inch spacer to make the hydraulic caliper line up with the rotor. Anybody else experience this? I have not seen anyone mention a spacer was needed.... Here is a pic and you can see how far the caliper is from the frame bracket when you slide it on the rotor.

The spacer is made but not finished. I wanted to make sure it was needed as I could also use it as a front mount if I don't need it.

Added some offset to the forks.

We shall see how it works out. Still have to move the steering stops. Sorry for the fuzzy pic but I cant walk back out to take another...

Doug

Last edited:
Iv put hydro caliper on 3 doodlebugs and they never lined up. they were welded on all different from the factory.. also the later disk is thinner than the early ones or an atv or scooter disk which requires the handle the be squeezed more till it stops feeling like the calipers not working.

Iv put hydro caliper on 3 doodlebugs and they never lined up. they were welded on all different from the factory.. also the later disk is thinner than the early ones or an atv or scooter disk which requires the handle the be squeezed more till it stops feeling like the calipers not working.
Thanks for the information. I just don't remember anybody talking about anything except the bleeder position being wrong.

The pads can be shimmed and fix the handle travel fairly easily. Should not be an issue.

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks for the information. I just don't remember anybody talking about anything except the bleeder position being wrong.

The pads can be shimmed and fix the handle travel fairly easily. Should not be an issue.

Thanks,

Doug
keep in mind most people dont care how it looks .or safely operates as long as they got it to bolt on. many dont have welders or any fabrication skills. if i recall just bolting it on and shimming the caliper out, the pucks dont hit the rotor completely either with out cutting the mount off and rewelding it on, but it will vary depending on where the bracket got welded on in the first place.

I've shimmed them slightly with washers , never off that far though ? Are the wheel spacers on the correct side ? Just a possibility !
That was the first thing I checked and the original caliper lines right up.

>>>>Can someone tell me which side the spacers go on so I can confirm mine are correct. <<<<

I would hate to make the caliper fit by cutting and rewilding the bracket only to find the spacers are wrong.......

Thanks,

Doug

Last edited:
HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD !!! :shrug::confused::shrug: I love a older DB with a hemi head Predator . Better gear it high or put wheelie bars on it ! :scooter:____ ~~~ You are going to love it .
What gears are you running???? I intend to change mine but a little guidance would be appreciated.

Last thing I need is another Barstool experience......... I haven't ridden it since and I have a guy that wants to buy it less the engine. Makes me happy! I can put that Hemi on the DB.

Doug

Doug...I'm running a 12-72 on mine and it lifts the front wheel pretty easy....you need to go up on the clutch count or down on the rear. I think ( Angelo) chipper has found a sweet spot on his at like a 12-58....but not sure.
[MENTION=46062]chipper[/MENTION]