For Sale: 1971 Rupp Roadster2

Scottessey

I'm selling my 1971 Rupp Roadster2. It's been fun to own for a while but I need to free up some cash to finish my remodel and take my fam on a vacation this year. It appears to be the original paint, you'll see the light rust on the rear fender, frame, and swing arm in the pics. The tank is clean inside and out. Fenders are crack/dent free. The tires are original. They say Rupp on them and there is very little wear on them. However, the back one shows some cracking but is holding air just fine. I think most or all of the chrome could use re-plating to be perfect. The grips and footpeg rubbers are pretty shot. The rear light is working but the front one is not. The day I cleaned up the carb was a Sunday and I didn't have a carb kit so I didn't replace the seals. It should be gone through one more time with a kit since it has a slow leak at the bottom of the bowl right now. I've been closing the petcock after riding it. Also, the bike came with what I believe is the original horn, and also a California license plate with a registration sticker for 1972. The parts that were missing that I replaced since I picked it up are these: clutch cover and clutch cover decals from blackwidow, one rear shock reflector from ebay, and the Tecumseh air filter and air filter can from OldMiniBikes warehouse. Everything else was on it when I got it. The frame serial number says 1 605###. I left some digits out since I don't have paperwork on it yet and my neighbor, retired cop, has been looking into how to get title. The engine serial looks like it says 1131B? Here are links to the pics and a video of it running. PM if you are interested in it. I've seen them go for more on ebay, but I wanted to try here first. $975/obo. Local pickup in the bay area, or I'll package it up and ship it at your cost(my labor free). Also, I don't calculate shipping. Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

Here is the video of it running...

374f6131.mp4 video by Scottessey - Photobucket

Scottessey

Man, I would have a hard time selling something as nice as that. No resto needed. Great as it sits.
Thanks, Buckeye. You know how it goes... Mama needs a new pair o' shoes... or in this case, a new pair of Hawaii tickets. :laugh:

I'm sending this one to ebay. Thanks Fellas.