Forum Faster?

Is the forum faster?

• Yes, it's faster.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No, it's slower. (if choosing this answer, please post your internet connection and web browser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didnt notice a difference.

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hent

I've made some changes and would like to know if everyone else is seeing the positive effects?

In the next few weeks I will also be upgrading the forum, yet again to keep everything current.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

bandit 40

Im still kinda new Hent but from what I have seen and experienced on this forum, you are doing an awsome job ,and things can only improve thank you...:thumbsup:

Hent

I think Internet Explorer uses were experiencing a delay when loading pages.

Since I use FireFox as a web browser (and recommend for anyone viewing this site) , I rarely see any errors, or problems that people using IE will see. Only after large upgrades will I check it in IE to make sure things are still operating smoothly.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Hent

Also,

When I post polls, even if you don't feel like making a reply - at least make the vote. It only takes a second and allows me to make better decisions for the forum in the future.

Seems a little faster, I'm using FF too and the only problems I've had is every once and awhile you can't reply to a certain thread, you can try all day and relog in and still that one thread won't let you reply. Weird. :doah:

Seems a little faster, I'm using FF too and the only problems I've had is every once and awhile you can't reply to a certain thread, you can try all day and relog in and still that one thread won't let you reply. Weird. :doah:
Does it give you an error message?

I have a connection over there for the clone motors. You could arrange to ship them back to the USA. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you want his contact info.

P.S Have fun there. My next "real / non-business trip" I hope will be to Japan.

Does it give you an error message?
i have the same problem as him sometimes. i've never gotten an error message, it just hangs up and then goes to a blank page. i'll try to remember to pm you about it next time it happens.

the forum does seem a bit quicker for me overall.

i have the same problem as him sometimes. i've never gotten an error message, it just hangs up and then goes to a blank page. i'll try to remember to pm you about it next time it happens.

the forum does seem a bit quicker for me overall.
I can't remember but the screen stalls for a long time.

Another forum that I am a paying member on is about 5 times faster than this one. But I also know they pay $5000 to $6000 a year for bandwidth & it is run by vbadvanced

Last edited:
the bandwidth isnt an issue, and this site is powered by vbulletin.

i may try to adjust some more things to see if i can speed it up a little more.

i've never had any problems with pages loading slowly - so this is all kinda new to me.

the bandwidth isnt an issue, and this site is powered by vbulletin.

i may try to adjust some more things to see if i can speed it up a little more.

i've never had any problems with pages loading slowly - so this is all kinda new to me.
I don't mind the slowness. I only have one issue with this forum, that I don't have on another forum. If I click on a thread in my other forum, it goes straight to the last post I viewed. This forum does not do that & generally shows me the first post of what ever page is the most recent. I hope that made sense. Just kind of lame is all. I don't expect too much from this forum as you don't have 3000+ PAYING members. But I think I am happy with the free info I get.:smile:

Last edited:
I may be over stepping my bounds here. But my other forum, which is a national club. The paying members names are one color, while user's, like myself are another color. Something to think about, as it"s possable using vbulletin.

Hent: In the past the time between pages would be up to 2 minuets only on this forum.I pay for the High Speed Comcast and every where it is super fast except here and I am using Windows Internet Explorer. But today it seems to be much faster. I hope it stays that way.
Steve :scooter: