Fox Sprite Axle

buckeye

Yeah, there is plenty of stock.
The machinst that has been trying to get the bolt out for me is comming in this morning. I'll see what he says.

buckeye

He said he couldn't get it out. He's going to try and drill it out this morning.
The saga continues. Nothing is ever easy for me.

He said he couldn't get it out. He's going to try and drill it out this morning.
The saga continues. Nothing is ever easy for me.
Tom, I'm guessing that the original axle bolt was frozen in the bushing of the lower fork and that you cut the bolt off and that the frozen part is still in the lower fork bushing. If you center punch the remaining bolt and drill it out in small increments. Don't try to drill it all at once. Eventually, you will come to a point where the remaining walls of the bolt will be paper thin and can be collapsed and removed quite easily. Then your man can work on enlarging the 3/8" hole to 5/8" and the final hole should be perfectly centered. Ogy

Buckeye,
After looking at all 3600 minibike parts on Evil Bay, I saw a Fox Sprite (Campus) frame on there for $50 'Buy it Now'. In case you're interested. It looked like my Fox Sprite 1138.
Dandy lion

Buck
I bought it as a roller in '79. I'm not 'restoring', but 'preserving'. I'm very carefully working around the original decals. I've had a Briggs on it just for the grandkids to ride. I've procured a vintage Tec. and cleaned it up. When I looked it up in the ads, it turned out to be the red #1138, the 'plain Jane' of the series. (see in my photos)
Dandy

buckeye

Aluminum. It is a exact replica of the original axle spacer.
I guess axle may be the wrong term. The small ends are 5/8"
The hole is 3/8". It goes inside the hub. Each end fits into a standard bearing. He can make more if anyone needs a replacement for a Fox Sprite front hub.