Free for OldMiniBikes members

Hey guys. As some of you know I have been working with First Energy installing new programable thermostats. Well I have been stockpiling all the thermostats that are in good shape that I remove if the owner does not want them. These are all like new digital thermostats some are programable. These all came from clean non-smoking homes. I have about 15-20 stats all different kinds. I dont have any of the owners manuals but most are self explanitory, or you could get them on the web. These can be used on gas/electric furnaces with central air or just heat / air only .

To any OldMiniBikes memebrs that have a use for one . They are free, just pay for the flat rate shipping........ whatever it is now....like $6

Here is an example of some that I have . If you have a special need let me know.

Hey.. It's tasty.. :shrug:

:laugh: No I dunno.. Rick was just saying the other day he needed one.. I am pretty sure I have one somewhere on a shelf, but hell if I know where it's at.. :glare: Mice probably got it.. :glare:

Hey.. It's tasty.. :shrug:

:laugh: No I dunno.. Rick was just saying the other day he needed one.. I am pretty sure I have one somewhere on a shelf, but hell if I know where it's at.. :glare: Mice probably got it.. :glare:
I would switch to digital if I were him. Alot more accurate , and just as easy to install. But if you want one I have several waiting to be recycled. LMK

I remember seeing this cool trick in an old Popular Mechanics book from the 50's....
You would take one of the old mercury thermometers and wire it to your telephone...then set the thermostat to 32 degrees or whatever...if the thermostst fell below 32 it would connect the two wires that would produce a busy signal if you called that phone.

People with summer homes, lake houses, etc. ... or just going far away on vacation set the heat in the house so it would just keep the pipes from freezing while they were gone.

If you were away and called your house and got a busy signal :scared: you would know that something was wrong and you could drive there, call your neighbor, police, fire dept , whatever.....

sorry for the hijack, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Last edited:
I remember seeing this cool trick in an old Popular Mechanics book from the 50's....
You would take one of the old mercury thermometers and wire it to your telephone...then set the thermostat to 32 degrees or whatever...if the thermostst fell below 32 it would connect the two wires that would produce a busy signal if you called that phone.

People with summer homes, lake houses, etc. ... or just going far away on vacation set the heat in the house so it would just keep the pipes from freezing while they were gone.

If you were away and called your house and got a busy signal :scared: you would know that something was wrong and you could drive there, call your neighbor, police, fire dept , whatever.....

sorry for the hijack, back to our regularly schedudled program...

:laugh: Thats funny stuff right there..

I would switch to digital if I were him. Alot more accurate , and just as easy to install. But if you want one I have several waiting to be recycled. LMK
Yeah.. He has a home made like outdoor wood burner.. Just his barn wood burner, but fabbed in his own water lines, and heats the house with it too..

Now he thinks he wants to build a forced air system, because it won't take 5 hours to get hot air out of a cold water tank.. :facepalm:

So he was saying he needs one of the old Mercury switch probe things that reads temp way down in there.. :confused: I tried telling him you can probably get a non Mercury same device.. :laugh: Or why not even just a regular thermostat and an access panel so you can get at it inside the air duct work or something.. :shrug:

Who knows, he's silly.. :laugh:

YEAH I'll talk to him about it a little more and see.. He may still be interested.. I know they are easy to come by.. The standardround wall mount Mercury spring jar thing...