Fuel line connector

I'm getting ready to ride a mini bike I've had for 12 years for the first time. Last night I changed the oil, replaced the spark plug, cleaned the valves, head, piston, and replaced the head gasket. I fired it up for the 1st time last night and it ran fine. I'm getting my clutch and throttle cable in today but I ran into a problem last night. The fitting that attaches the fuel line to the tank is broken. It was late so I didn't look too much into it, but the rubber hose wraps around a plastic, smaller line that goes into the tank. What is this piece and what's going to get it working tonight.

No. When I was in 9th grade, someone I knew had it in their garage in non-working order. His parents told me I could hang onto it for a while if I wanted to fix it. I took it home with me and never got around to working on it. I bought a 1990 mustang gt when I was 16 so that's where all my wrenching hours went. Now I'm older and thought it would be fun to get it going. Free mini bike. Besides, I wanted to keep the miles off of it:wink:

sounds like the nipple broke off the bottom of the tank, if thats the case then you will need a new tank:hammer:
No, ther is a way to fix most anthing! If I'm not mistaken you have a manco thunderbird, the tank is plastic and where that fitting attaches the plastic is pretty beefy! You could drill and tap it find a fitting and use a sealer that is impervious to gas and other petroleum products, adhesives and related products have come far in the last few years! I will soon do the same thing to my Arco EZ rider tank and dont anticipate any problems! Too often people dont try hard enough and their stuff either sits or they spend $ they dont have to! Try that and see, at worst you are out a few bucks but I am confident it will work! Good luck!