Fuel pump with Dellorto?

markus

I want to run a Dellorto UA19s on my next build (HS50), I sort of want to keep the steel engine mounted tank on the front of the engine though, problem with that though is the dell is going to sit higher than the bottom of the tank.

So I either have to run a pump, make an intake that comes down low, or loose the tank.

never ran one of the fuel pumps on anything, dunno if its a pain to do or work with. Not sure how well the dell would do with much pressure on it :shrug:

I should have the room to run the intake down low and off to the right under the exhaust on this bike, but I dont know if that will be ideal.

Evil Ed posted a long time ago to put one of those plastic red shut off between the tank and carb to help limit the gas flow through it by opening it up a bit so you don't put that pressure on your carb. Just an idea

if you run a pump you will need to add a return line back to the
tank or pump input. the return line will need a small restriction to
produce a few inches of pressure at the float bowl input. if you dont
have a return line the pump might have enough oommph to
lift the float and cause flooding on a biblical scale. gravity
feed would be your friend in this application.

i already built a bunch of HS50's, mostly stock. still want to
do a bungholio with an H35 side popper using HS50 cam's,
cranks, and a slide carb. i like having the cast iron liner, the
aluminum cylinder can't take the beating.

markus

sounds like I should probably just go with a round under seat tank for this (for a trail Blazer) and make life easy :laugh: I really want to try the carb, I found the drive-ability to be amazing with one of these carbs over a stock on the TC Rupp's, I figured it was going to be more of a on/off finicky carb but thats not the case. Of course I don't know if that's all gonna be lost on a centrifugal clutch small tire bike though.

thanks