Fuel tank

Hey Griff,

You have a set of balls but you never met me. Mine are bigger. Who the hell are you to judge someone on here after 1 month as a member? Have you seen a tank he made in person? Well I have bought a tank from ScooterCat, happens to be for a George Barris Chopper mini bike (sure not the QUALITY mini bike you have) and it was an amazing tank and built to size. I assure you when you need some advice or help, I will not be the one helping you.
Thanks Dale Carnegie.mber
I'm saying they already sell for 50-75, why spend so much more+shipping. Wasn't a crack at quality. Don't take ambiguous internet observations as personal attacks.

I think some of the parts being sold are overkill on the consumer considering we are hobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

I'm quoting someone around here but I forget who " it's easy just ask anyone that's never done it "
But I could be wrong go buy the raw materials and show us how you can make a better tank cheaper.
Here is my personal rule if somebody is making something custom for me be thankful be clear as to what your requirements are never pressure them and expect to pay a premium for one off work

Wow I think this got way out of hand. For one, initially I think I assumed these were finds that users put up for the benefit of others.

Secondly, I want to make overtly clear how my comment was aimed at the price point not from a perspective that a known user had hand crafted it.

I'm not connoisseur of mini bikes, nor claimed to be, so let's clarify that.

Look, I made a snap comment on the price of an item, no knowledge of anything else. And then I get reply telling me how I won't win friends and influence people, which we all know as a book.

Of course I made a mistake and my apologies, but some of the replies to me are definitely contradictory of the values that have just been expressed to me.

Also sorry I knee jerked as a new user, I don't think this scenario demanded such intensity. Considering I don't have a track record for doing this. I obviously will be more aware of what I'm saying where, to avoid this storm of backlash. I mean dang, "sure not the quality bike I have"?

You are on this site for 2 weeks. Did you introduce yourself on the Forum? You have No right to post a comment in a negative manner about anyone at all. No way to make friends on here. You said you are No connoisseur of mini bikes, then how would you know a value of what a hand made tank built to spec is worth? You wouldn't. Any idea how much collectors of mini bikes spent on the right parts? You would not understand and apparently do not.
Try making friends and Not enemies, you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge the people on here have and how helpful they all are but you need to present yourself properly and not just open your mouth and put in your 2 week old 2 cents in.

It was an just an opinion, educate me sure. But I don't feel like the severity of a single comment deserves this. I've apologized let's move on

Well...Kinda,Karen is way better set up than I am at doing what She does..:bowdown:..I have 4"Dia tube stock right now and can make any length from 5 inches to 3 foot,if You need something that long!...The tank for sale is 5" Dia. x 8" long but I can't get the 5" tube any more...I have a supplier for the cap and neck that I use...Big Boys Toys had Me Fabricate a custom made tank To His specs with a smaller cap and neck,I don't have any pics of that one maybe He could post a pic,His has the cap located to one end of the tank,not centered like My for sale tank....May try sheet metal and bend up some,same cap and neck and 1/4"npt outlet,looking at a few sheet metal brakes to fold up some tanks,and when I get one done I will post pics in "Parts for sale"thread....scootercat....