Fuel Tanks and Wheels Questions

Ive got the blue 6.5 clone from HF. Fueling this thing on the DB30 frame is :hang: . Is there any other alternatives that mount a similar looking tank(without the corner folder used for the airbox) in the same position but the cap is offset away from underneath the frame? I would like a tank where the cap is easily accessable in the right side front corner and the tank is maybe like vertically shorter but horizontally longer so cap access is easy and the tank is able to hold as much gas as possible all while fitting the in whereabouts of the stock tank location.
Im going to mod my engine soon(after I exchange it first). So the airbox and stock muffler are probably first to go. So there should be much more space for what Im envisioning.

EDIT: pic jacked from Strigoi and modded for illustration purposes only.

And

I tried to search for what wheels and sizes db30 guys are using but couldnt come up with anything. Is the stock wheel the way to go?

Last edited:
if you ditch the stock exhaust, carb/air filter and tank the engine is much smaller.

not many people have swapped wheels on a DB. if anything, they do a pocket bike wheel on the front.

Check this out.

Amazon.com: Fuel Tank Kit LCT/SK-3500: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Fuel Tank Kit LCT/SK-6179: Home Improvement

DuroPower® - DXP274FT 1 Gallon Metal Fuel Tank

DuroPower® - DXP273FT 1 Gallon Metal Fuel Tank

Whats your take on these 4 tanks? I could not find any info on the first two besides I think Stens makes them??? by info I mean dimensions and tank capacity.

And how would a gx390 fuel tank fit with a 6.5 clone and db30 frame?

http://tewarehouse.com/24-1045A?sc=2&category=56

Last edited:
The old style clones came with a square tank ,, not sure if its a direct fit or not or if it holds anymore fuel ,Dont really think so , might be trial and error on your part to see if a larger tank will work out , most here use a motorized bicycle gas tank mounted on top of the frame rails :thumbsup: If it works out for you Post up some pics for all to see :smile:

I want to utilize the same space where the oem style gas tank is. I just want the cap on the side for easy access like the links I posted...

I just dont know where to find the dimensions and tank capacity for the ones I linked.

The Black Stens,old clone tank or a OEM Honda tank will work on the newer clone engine, But you will need to make a bracket for the front of the motor to attach the tank to, They change the clones form being just like the Honda's. I did it to one of my newer clone engines.
Here's the bike that the new clone engine is on. Sorry I need to take a picture of the bracket, a lot of people have ask the same question if the square tank will fit the new clones.

I am not worried about making brackets. Plus my original db30 seat is longer and will be in the way.

I just want some dimensions and fuel capacity numbers for the first two linked fuel tanks. So this too much to ask for? lol

I am not worried about making brackets. Plus my original db30 seat is longer and will be in the way.

I just want some dimensions and fuel capacity numbers for the first two linked fuel tanks. So this too much to ask for? lol
My 13hp. tank is about 9" long by 10"wideby 7" deep (out side)
It holds around two gallons
I hope this helps you

How the hell are we suppose to know what size and capacity those aftermarket tanks that are made by Stens, Why don't you email them and ask them for yourself. I would not pay 45 bucks for one, Sorry to help you out! Won't happen again!

For future record,

Stens Catalog
Part Number: 057-325 FUEL TANK KIT LCT/SK-3500
and
Part Number: 057-425 FUEL TANK KIT LCT/SK-6179

I sent them another email. Hopefully someone will answer it this time... :censure:

After 3 months of searching around, here's what I did. Got a Tecumseh snow thrower tank on ebay for $20 shipped and mounted it with vinyl coated 3/4" clamps from Napa. It's rock solid, and holds about 1/2 gallon.

What about a tank off of a Baja Heat/Warrior? The cap is on the corner of the tank but you'd have to do something about your stock air box if you plan on running it.

After 3 months of searching around, here's what I did. Got a Tecumseh snow thrower tank on ebay for $20 shipped and mounted it with vinyl coated 3/4" clamps from Napa. It's rock solid, and holds about 1/2 gallon.
What about a tank off of a Baja Heat/Warrior? The cap is on the corner of the tank but you'd have to do something about your stock air box if you plan on running it.

Great idea!

My friend actually told me to try the warrior tank. and especially since i think its got a fuel level meter? im gunna order it when they dont have all their damn parts on back order!! :censure:

Wow, that was almost like pulling teeth - trying to find the fuel capacity of the Stens tanks. Anyway, I finally got a response after multiple attempts.

"These are rough estimates:

SK6179.1 – 1.2 gallons

SK3500.3 – 0.6 gallons"