Funday #3 legal issues never end...

Just got a $490 ticket in the mail for running a redlight in east L.A. trying to keep up with Paul LOL

I don't remember it, but there's a nice group of pictures of the truck, the trailer full of minibikes and me front row, center.

wjustice

$490 for a red light? I got one in Delaware that was $118 and I thought that was outrageous. Oh and something like 80-95% of that goes to the management company.

$490 for a red light? I got one in Delaware that was $118 and I thought that was outrageous. Oh and something like 80-95% of that goes to the management company.
It was around $600 a few years ago for getting stuck blocking a RR crossing at a red light.

They have to fund this liberal machine somehow. Gov Brown already robbed all the local cities redevelopement funds just to make the state float a little longer. My City had money in an account for redeveloping the downtown area. Oh well, we'll just stick with the run down version in order to allow someone else to be a slacker.

That sucks 490 Ouch Think of all the covers you could have had :laugh: A month or so ago a cop was running radar in fron of our house my wife pulled in the driveway and he gave her a $100.00 ticket for 30 in a 25.. in the driveway :facepalm:

Makes you want to get a bus pass, gas is back on the rise here in Portland as well as the whole country. Saw one California station was selling regular @ $5.89 that is just out and out robbery. I really watched my self when I was down in California with it rapid fire drivers bouncing back and forth from lane to lane.
Steve :scooter:

Did funday end up costing you about 1K total? :eek: Driving a gas hog truck towing a trailer and that ticket could not have been cheap. Why didn't you drive your Pontiac wagon?

Itype2slo

I think you can challenge those. or just not pay it they wont come after you. Its racketeering. Look into it. They are sham tickets.:thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
If you want to drive back down here to fight the ticket you can win, you see, the arresting officer must show up in court to testify, but seeing how it was a stationary camera, that can't happen. It will save you a point on your licence, and the fine. This is why all the cameras in Downtown L.A. were removed, they were losing money!

george3

If you want to drive back down here to fight the ticket you can win, you see, the arresting officer must show up in court to testify, but seeing how it was a stationary camera, that can't happen. It will save you a point on your licence, and the fine. This is why all the cameras in Downtown L.A. were removed, they were losing money!
How would you win that? Wasent me?

Did funday end up costing you about 1K total? :eek: Driving a gas hog truck towing a trailer and that ticket could not have been cheap. Why didn't you drive your Pontiac wagon?
Actually, it's a diesel sipping truck that gets 17.5 MPG with the a/c on going down the freeway. Cost less than $200 for fuel for the whole weekend. Closer to $150

We split a motel room. Sold $900 worth of parts while I was down there. Still can't complain...except you could look at it like I gave up half my parts to the city of East L.A...

This state is ridiculous. In the last two months. I've had my car taken for no insurance, mini bike taken + 200$ "pocket bike" ticket then followed by "riding a bicycle on the sidewalk" ticket. . I had got out of traffic and waited for the light on the sidewalk. Jerk just needed a ticket. He said in the state of California you can not ride a bicycle on the sidewalk. I told him ok ill let my 3 year old know we have to ride in traffic now. I'm fed up with this state. :eek:ut:

:laugh: even the uptight state of michigan is more mellow than california.

I'd like to see a camera on every state/county/city employee to keep tabs on them and send them a bill when they slack off on their job so i can get a refund for services NOT rendered.

The gas prices in CA are crazy. I could never understand why just driving across the border from AZ the gas was at least 50 cents more a gallon. Some of our gas comes from CA. Then they mentioned they only allow CA gas to be refined in CA and not any other state. Now they have you over the barrel, the gas is at least $1.00 more a gallon. I could make it over there on 1 tank of gas but then I would have to fill up on the more exspensive gas to get back to AZ. People from CA are now driving to AZ to get the cheaper gas.

buckeye

My understanding of the gas price issue is, due the the strict Ca. emission standards, there is a special summer blend to decrease air polution. So, when the 2 refineries went down, they couldn't produce as much summer blend.:shrug:

So it took the govt a bit to approve early release of the winter blend.

So, the rich get richer.

That is crazy they can stop you for j-walking on camera. Cops must be real bored. That is multiple reports of clear profiling of the mini bike riding tough guys.:laugh:

Glad I live out in the country in L.A. Traffic jam, oh what, 3 cars at the 4 way stop sign and everybody waving the other on through cause we country folks are like that. :laugh:

Itype2slo

I'm not a political guy but my observations. have been that the gas prices jump high during the last weeks before an election no matter the party. It happened last time to W. Its the gougining of america. Bastards