Galathoun's Nitro 44 Project MiniBike

Hello, I'm a new member here. Just thought i would share my mb project with you guys. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Its a Nitro44 Drag mini bike frame from minichopperssocal.com. Got the rest of the parts from Bmikarts.com. Great customer service from both those guys. I painted the frame gloss white with gold flakes. Not bad for my first time spray painting a frame. I still need to order a few parts like the brakes, clutch, tires, hub/sprockets. Then I can start looking for a engine. I'm thinking a box stock project build or HF predator with some mods. I don't know yet, not in a hurry to finish this. Well, heres some pictures in the meantime.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Wow !! that thing is awesome :thumbsup: Welcome to the club, and you should def do a build thread on that puppy.

I want one :laugh:

Vic

vwfan79

I saw one of these frames in person the other day and they are a nice looking well built frame. I really like the paint job you did, should be a nice bike when you finish. Welcome to the madness.

Just an updated photo if the bike with the tires and engine installed. Dont worry about the gas tank sitting on top like that it was just there temporary while i break in the motor and until my header comes in because the muffler sat too close to the bottom of my seat an i didnt want it to burn.

Hell, I totally missed the gas tank. Love the color. Love the way you mounted the hubs into the deeper recesses of the face of the wheels. Very clean. Great job!!!

Killer Paint Job !!!! Could you please share the info on the paint?
I built my bike on a Nitro frame from minichopperssocal last year, it was the end of the line for their previous version of frames. The frames from them are really nice to work with and constructed strong. Mine's not a drag frame but take a look, they do look sharp, I think it is the single top tube that I really fancy.
In the future if I think of stripping down and repainting, I would love that paint in a gray with that sparkle.
Keep the photos coming on your progress :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

Killer Paint Job !!!! Could you please share the info on the paint?
I built my bike on a Nitro frame from minichopperssocal last year, it was the end of the line for their previous version of frames. The frames from them are really nice to work with and constructed strong. Mine's not a drag frame but take a look, they do look sharp, I think it is the single top tube that I really fancy.
In the future if I think of stripping down and repainting, I would love that paint in a gray with that sparkle.
Keep the photos coming on your progress :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a nice bike, KenvilKid. :thumbsup: I like the hydraulic brake setup you did. Where did you find those fenders...if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks fella’s.
Ahhh, the brakes, that was my favorite little bit of the whole project, I have to say that I’m happy they came out the way they did. First the fenders, that’s quicker to explain. I found them on ebay at first but ended up buying them on Amazon. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D4B7G2C/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item#productDetails
I didn’t need the oval side cover but saving it anyway, you never know. The front fender has a roundish indent on one side and squareish indent on the other molded for Honda forks. I just made symmetrical round cut outs to get the fender to look right. The back fender I cut in half with a blade section fashioned out of the flat with the two existing mounting holes. The bracket is a square aluminum tube with a slot cut out to accept the blade and the ends of the tube were filed half round to mate with the frame tubing.

The brakes:
Here is a link to where I found them:
Rear Hydraulic Brake Lever 250cc MC 54 Scooter Moped Jonway Parts 250 | eBay
I choose these ones because I came with plenty of hydraulic line (which needed a bit of trimming and tube flaring) and importantly because it had a left hand mount. The mount was for a 7/8” bar and I have a 1”, so a bit of grinding and filing had to be done. Plus I cut off 2” of the lever, it was just way to long.
Now the good stuff. The rotor is a 72 tooth sprocket for 4.5” drum brake. Teeth grinded off, and bit of fancy drilling for looks. I made a spacing washer from a ½” poly kitchen cutting board tracing the face of the sprocket that would be up against the wheel. I took out the three chain side sprocket screws and drilled straight through the wheel so I can now just put a three bolts through the chain sprocket – wheel – spacing washer – and rotor, Pretty simple. The tricky part was making the bracket for the brake. Placing the two holes to bolt a bracket to the frame was easy, getting the location and angle for the other holes to the brake bracket was simply trial and error. I do CAD drafting for a living so I have the drawing programs. I made bunch of full size drawings and then cut out prototypes from ¼” foam board from Staples to test fit the frame holes and the location of the brake holes to get the proper position to go around the rotor. It took about 7 foam prototypes before I cut one out of steel, and even then, I still cut 4 out of steel until the 5th one was a perfect fit.
In the end it was worth it. True, I didn’t machine the “rotor” flat, but that don’t matter it still stops faster than anything else, yes it does lock the wheel for a skid. You could see it all in the pictures.

For the proper side shot of the bracket click on the "View My Photos", I don't know why I can't get it to show here.

Last edited:
Apologies for a late response.... they are snowblower tires: Kenda tires. You can google the suckers for your best price for whatever size you need. It's been a few years so I forgot where I bought them. got them online that's all I remember. Watch out with them... if you bike is torquey, you'll end up on your hinny... they stick like glue. (also rip up the lawn after a rain) But fun as hell.

Last edited: