Gas tank for Murray Track 2

Gas Tank

I'm looking for a gas tank to retrofit on my Murray. I'd like something like this, but preferably not have to fork over this much $$$. :crying:
Does not have to be new, but prefer decent enough to at least sandblast and paint if needed. Black would be awesome if you got it.

UNIVERSAL MINI BIKE BLACK GAS TANK MINIBIKE CHOPPER: eBay Motors (item 390073628078 end time Jun-19-10 21:19:03 PDT)

It's a single tube frame up top.
Yeah, Supernova is right. Those tanks are outrageously high priced. Here is also another place where you can purchase one. They even have 1 gallon tanks. :thumbsup: :smile:

Bicycle Motor Engine Parts Oil and Gas Tank 2.5 Liter (2.5L) - Black - Motorized Bike Oil Tank 2.5 Liter (2.5L) Parts - Bike Motor Oil Tank 2.5 Liter (2.5L) Parts - Motorized Bike Parts

Happens sometimes, looks like you went with the Ebay unit? Spookytooth was great to do buisness with, if it's thiers they'll take care of you unless it was done in transit!:shrug:
I did go with Spookytooth. So far they have not replied to my inquiry/photos that I sent them after I opened the box. Not done in transit, thank goodness, the box was not damaged at all. Just baffles me that someone would put a tank like this in a box to ship to a customer. Oh well, like you said, it happens....

I did go with Spookytooth. So far they have not replied to my inquiry/photos that I sent them after I opened the box. Not done in transit, thank goodness, the box was not damaged at all. Just baffles me that someone would put a tank like this in a box to ship to a customer. Oh well, like you said, it happens....
Yeah that's a bummer! To bad Ya don't live close to me, I have 2 of these tanks that I'm not even using!

That is dissapointing to hear, I wish I had saved the cell phone # I had for them! That is only a protective coating though, like new body panels have and not paint. The chrome ones are bad so dont get one from any co. they are all made in china and badly finished. I'd just strip it, primer it and paint it! I painted mine with a black satin finish and it still has the defects in the form of wrinkles from the press.

Good news is, they finally replied and said they'd ship another one out asap. And that I could keep the "scrap" tank for myself. Which is exactly what I'm doing tonight...sanding the black gloss and going matte black. JUST in case the snakeskin looks better with no shine:wink:

For Ya all's Information also, they make two different styles of these tanks. They both look alike, except one has the entrance for the petcock coming out on the bottom rear right side of the tank and the other one comes out the bottom rear of the tank, at least the 2 that I have do. This might make a difference on someone's project. :thumbsup: :smile:

For Ya all's Information also, they make two different styles of these tanks. They both look alike, except one has the entrance for the petcock coming out on the bottom rear right side of the tank and the other one comes out the bottom rear of the tank, at least the 2 that I have do. This might make a difference on someone's project. :thumbsup: :smile:
Oh, boy, just the question/thread I was about to post. Regarding this petcock, sorry i'm new to this....I can only assume that you are supposed to fit this with the little brass nozzle/fuel fitting that I see pictured in their "engine kits" section of their website. Is there another solution to retrofitting something in there that will work just the same,m without having to spec order this part separate? Home Depot, NAPA, etc....would they have something that will work? Thanks again for everyone's help and input.

Oh, boy, just the question/thread I was about to post. Regarding this petcock, sorry i'm new to this....I can only assume that you are supposed to fit this with the little brass nozzle/fuel fitting that I see pictured in their "engine kits" section of their website. Is there another solution to retrofitting something in there that will work just the same,m without having to spec order this part separate? Home Depot, NAPA, etc....would they have something that will work? Thanks again for everyone's help and input.
Ok, here's a Petcock that will work on those Tanks. One end of the Petcock has a filter that keeps stuff out of your gas line. Screw that end in your tank and the other end will be where your gas line hooks up too. It has a on and off lever on it to turn the gas on and off. Here's the address! Good luck. :thumbsup: :smile:
Bicycle Motor Engine #415 Chain Parts - Motorized Bike #415 Chain Parts - Bike Motor #415 Chain Parts - Motorized Bike Parts

Ok, here's a Petcock that will work on those Tanks. One end of the Petcock has a filter that keeps stuff out of your gas line. Screw that end in your tank and the other end will be where your gas line hooks up too. It has a on and off lever on it to turn the gas on and off. Here's the address! Good luck. :thumbsup: :smile:
Bicycle Motor Engine #415 Chain Parts - Motorized Bike #415 Chain Parts - Bike Motor #415 Chain Parts - Motorized Bike Parts
Thanks! I was afraid of that.
In the meantime, COME OFF you damn paint.

Hey MMB, all You need to do now, is start your own Thread in the Project Logs so that we all can see your progress on your Project! :thumbsup: :smile: