Getting a Baja Warrior up to 50?

Really? You're coming close to having to surrender your man card.

After some thought, and a couple Coronas, it dawned on me some of the wonders Man has chosen to slap a big gas engine on and ride it. Some of the most note worthy are bar stools, coolers, recliners, toilets, tool chests.
Heh! Good stuff! The motorized toilet bowl never get old!

I dunno about the man-card thing though? Is it not more "man-ly" to ride a machine designed for men and not boys?

:shrug:

I dunno about the boys thing either. I taught the 7y/o girl child to ride last weekend and she sure got addicted. My next project was gonna be chrome, but now it appears pink is next up.

Duly noted - I built a mini-bike for my girl as well. Change the word boys to the word kids.

Point is, it just seems like a lot of people attempt to make minibikes do things they were never intended to do -- couple that with the fact that there does exist machines designed to perform those tasks -- and they do it much better.

When I hear people talk about spending tons of time and money to make their mini-bike more dirt worthy, it just seems crazy to me. A mini-bike is "genetically" the wrong vehicle to perform well in the dirt.

Same with high speed, "genetically" incorrect.

Take a KZ125 or an LT250 for one ride in the woods and those same people will wonder what they were ever thinking.

Just sayin...

I can never quite understand why anyone would want to go that fast, traveling on a machine that is notorious for it's low cost engineering and construction.

Dude, get a real motorcycle/dirt bike/quad that was designed for those speeds -- you won't be disappointed.

:shrug:
Riding something you built yourself is a different feeling, especially when you know it might try to kill you. I've been, um, well over the speed limit on a motorcycle, and doing 60mph on the minibike is more intense.

Point is, it just seems like a lot of people attempt to make minibikes do things they were never intended to do -- couple that with the fact that there does exist machines designed to perform those tasks -- and they do it much better....
If it was about the end result you'd be right, but I built this to build it, not really to have it. It's the challenge of putting it together, sort of an open-ended 3D puzzle, and it gave me something to do while I was healing up from a climbing accident.

And it's definitely more manly to ride a toy that now goes twice as fast as it was ever meant to than to ride a machine as it's designed. Girls are way too smart to ride my minibike.

Last edited:
Riding something you built yourself is a different feeling, especially when you know it might try to kill you. I've been, um, well over the speed limit on a motorcycle, and doing 60mph on the minibike is more intense.

If it was about the end result you'd be right, but I built this to build it, not really to have it. It's the challenge of putting it together, sort of an open-ended 3D puzzle, and it gave me something to do while I was healing up from a climbing accident.

And it's definitely more manly to ride a toy that now goes twice as fast as it was ever meant to than to ride a machine as it's designed. Girls are way too smart to ride my minibike.
well put. it's the journey!

Plans change (again+again+again)... I'm not riding this much because it hates the clutch, and I just got a free 9hp/270cc motor.... so the current plan is that new motor and a torque-a-verter. Should be much more user-friendly.