Gilson Exhaust

capguncowboy

I've been searching for an exhaust for my Gilson. I can't find one anywhere. I was looking at some pictures and finally found one that shows it in pretty good detail. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make, but I'm not a machinist.

Does anyone have one they could take measurements of? I need both the spark arrestor and the entension pipe/heat shield. Some detailed pictures would help as well.

I'm not looking for an exact replica, but something close would be great.

A photo would be useful:

Last edited:

capguncowboy

So, after searching for what felt like an eternity, I have finally landed my exhaust pipe and heat shield. I'm going to take it up to a local muffler shop and see if they can duplicate the pipe, and I'll talk to a fabricator about the heat shield. Pictures to come

capguncowboy

They were, but it's always easier to fabricate something if you have one in front of you. Measurements and pictures don't always paint a vivid enough picture

It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make, but I'm not a machinist.
I didn't think so either, but I tried to have it duplicated a while back and my guy said it was a no go. Most of the pieces aren't that difficult it's the flare and the bend in there pipe that's the tricky part.

If you do succeed, I would be down for at least two sets:thumbsup: