gold color code for B/S

say that looks really close but not exact !.. but hell i think i"ll try it thanks casey :but if any one comes up with the original formula please send me a kite:thumbsup:

It was pointed out to me in another forum that paint on the block acts as an insulator, and that newer engines are not painted. The shroud? By all means, paint away. But if you want your engine to run cooler, leave the block "bright".

It was pointed out to me in another forum that paint on the block acts as an insulator, and that newer engines are not painted. The shroud? By all means, paint away. But if you want your engine to run cooler, leave the block "bright".
After sending millions of painted engines out the factory doors, I doubt that B&S quit painting the block to make them run cooler. I think it's much more likely that they did it to save money. I really like the gold/copper color on these engines. I've been thinking of doing one in the Rustoleum gold "Hammered" finish.

No question that money probably was the main motivator. But the "icing on the cake" is that the engine will run cooler. I love that copper color, too. But that alloy can polish up like chrome. It's the same type of alloy that the motorcycle in your avatar has.

Is that Home Depot paint "Rustoleum High Heat Ultra- Aged Copper""? If so, don't get any gas spilled on it! :shrug:While it is a fairly close color match to the original Briggs, unfortunately it is not an "engine paint" and as such, it is not oil and gas resistant in the least. We tested it and it failed miserably.:doah:

hammered copper

it's the hammered tone paint from home depot I don't know if it's the same as what U were refering to!
FRANK

Is that Home Depot paint "Rustoleum High Heat Ultra- Aged Copper""? If so, don't get any gas spilled on it! :shrug:While it is a fairly close color match to the original Briggs, unfortunately it is not an "engine paint" and as such, it is not oil and gas resistant in the least. We tested it and it failed miserably.:doah: