Golden Pinto Resto Mod

Picked up another engine yesterday for $25. It's a Briggs & Stratton 3hp that came off an old tiller. 3/4" keyed shaft with nice patina on it. I plan on cleaning the whole thing up, re-shooting the case white. i am just going to clean up all of the tin and clear coat right on top of the patina.

The model & serial numbers as follows: 130202 0335-01 74011507. I think this was made in 74' maybe? . I think it fits a little nicer in the frame

Grainy picture com my iPhone. Cut the handle bars off to test fit the ape hangers that I pulled of the parts mini. I think they look good and my daughter likes them. Now I need to fabricate up some handle bar clamps and fix the front forks. One side is about 3/4" - 1" out of level. Looks like they are going in the vise. What are you guys using to fabricate handle bar clamps?

here is all it is , I drilled a 7/8" hole through the two blocks while they were clamped together. All you do is put it around the dented or ovaled part of the tube and squeeze the blocks in the press or a big vise. If you don't want to go to the trouble of making one. I will let you borrow this set if you promise to mail them back to me when you are done.
That's a great tool, it deserves to have its own thread. Next time I visit Alro metals will be picking up a chunk of steel to make one of these!

The Golden Pinto is a cool little bike.

Been out of the game for almost (2) years but I am ready to get back on it this fall. Been fooling around with this one trying to get parts for it and get it back up here from Calhoun, Louisiana.

Attachments

It has been a long time since I got back on here. Now that winter is approaching, I figured I would jump back into this and get this bike for my oldest daughter running. I am picking up (3) of these 6hp's from my wife's boss for $50. I am told (2) of them run. Any idea what they are?? I may have to remove the gas tank to fit it on Margy's Golden Pinto or, find another frame and modify it

Attachments

Thanks buckeye...................looks like all of my old pictures disappeared so I need to snap some more. Now that they training wheels are off her pedal bike, she may be ready as long as my wife does not go too crazy with worry