Golden pinto???

My neighbor brought this over the other night and asked if I wanted to buy it for $50. I said sure. Of course I did. Looks like a sears/bird design. The one thing it comes close to that I can find is golden pinto. The one I found was a no springer rear end. Non ape hanger kind. I could be wrong hopefully not. Where's Markus when you need him. Oh ya I had a sears tec on it newer one running. So it was a rider when I bought It for $50 so even if it's not it was a deal. Even came with the lil Indian clutch cover I've been searching high and low for. Lol. It has 5" tires front fender is welded on. Scrub brake. Double kick stand bracket. I'm sure that's a pain in the ass to find. And would fork plate.

markus

Its the smaller frame model made by Bird, Penneys was a big seller of it and bird sold it as well (probably a couple others), one piece steel wheels and solid forkplate make it the earlier version, but not the earliest as it had the center kickstand.

They had alot of names over the years: big blue, foremost, sprite, war eagle, falcon.....

foremost mini bike:

Next earliest brochure I see is 1976 from bird (war eagle on the bottom), not a great photo but it does look like they switched to 2 piece wheels by then so your little guy is probably '71-75 in that area, they still made that same frame up into the 80's

Last edited:
Wow war eagle. I like the sound of that. I'd love to know what the decal looked like on the forks with a name like that. The clutch cover kinda looks the same. Looks like the original color might of been orange. Does that sound right.
Thanks again Markus. I bet you have a lot of stories to tell.

markus

Wow war eagle. I like the sound of that. I'd love to know what the decal looked like on the forks with a name like that. The clutch cover kinda looks the same. Looks like the original color might of been orange. Does that sound right.
Thanks again Markus. I bet you have a lot of stories to tell.

I always dug the Foremost decal, had a cool looking mini bike silloutte on it, and the decal matched penneys AF/x racing stuff which I thought was cool

The orange bikes usually had racing stripes off center running down the fenders which was pretty pimp if you ask me.....guess you have not sat on it yet though, they are pretty small with bad placement of handlebars unless your a kid.

Heres the decal, I think Steve Rent possibly replicated them and has them on file :shrug:
View attachment 66869

No stories, Hell most of these bikes are usually older than me :laugh:

I've sat on it. And yes kinda small. I'd love to get this thing lookin good again. What kind of motor and what size? Would there have been a decal on the front mount gas tank. Like the sears bikes had. And is it a one piece kick stand? I think I'm gonna use the clutch cover that's on it and straighten it back out. It's looks very similar to the original.

Nice mini, I've always liked these frames. These frames also look good with the springed forks....I mean no they don't, ya I would definitely keep those forks on it, with out a doubt. Springed forks on this mini, no no no:laugh:

Oh great, now I won't get much work done. Ill be to busy stairing out the window waiting for it to arrive. Thanks again. Good luck with the war eagle.