Good deal or bad deal?

iv deffinatly seen better deals but it all depends on what you have in your area for sale?
my biggest problem is buying to soon & then when im broke some thing better comes along lol
:hammer:

Huie

What engine is better the red honda one or the clone? I just called the guy and he said the price was nagociabble and the bike isn't finished yet do you think i would need more stuff to fix it? Or is he supplying it in the ad? Sorry guys for so many questions!

I seen that bike too, I would try to get it with the genuine honda and straight pipe for
$200, The hondas are better quality. No way id buy it for 270.

oldsledz

I seen that bike too, I would try to get it with the genuine honda and straight pipe for
$200, The hondas are better quality. No way id buy it for 270.
I would not low ball the guy if you want the bike, I have seen better deals , but at 270 I don't think it is all that far out of line he probably has that much into parts.

I see a good frame, decent tires and wheels, seat looks decent, I assume the engine runs and has a clutch, it has a jack shaft, the cost of parts add up fast.

:lol:
No $hit. An offer of $100 is sure to send you on your way, whether in person or on the phone. There's a difference between "junk" and "over-priced". His is most likely from looking at the pics, the latter. If I were you, I'd go eyeball the GX200 and if it looks good and has decent compression offer him $100 for THAT item and be on your way. Then you have a reliable motor to put in the right bike that comes along for another $100. Even better if you find a roller that someone is trying to sell for even cheaper than 100. Most rollers, if people arent gougers, are in the ballpark of $50-100 depending on the condition.
I've bought plenty of rollers under a hundred bucks that were perfect for the engines that I have waiting in my garage. Easy to flip that way and make a little money back.

My $0.02:hammer:

I've got a small infantry of GX200's waiting for the right bikes. I paid $200 before shipping for all 3 engines, of course i won't be using stock filters/tanks/carbs.

Last edited:
I got a great deal today off craigs list went to pensacola fl. got a 1year old baja with 6.5hp in great shape runs really good and a baja warrior in good shape i have not even tried to start it yet had to uch fun on the other one to try the warrior yet . I got both for 250$$$ what a deal the tires are like new one needs a clutch cover theother one needs seat .

You think thats a good deal for 250 lololol