Got my predator 212

So I got it today and the item number is 69730 anything I need to know about this item number motor before I start to mod it?
Here is a couple things I learned....
Don't ask questions about modding it with stock internals
Try to buy a billet rod and flywheel before anything else. Once you get those two things.....mod away

Now I know it's covered here somewhere but when I put my k and n filter on with header what jets should I use and is a new etube needed? I plan on drilling both jets myself I have a drill set on order #61-#80 bits which bits would I use I was thinking #65 for main wich is .35 and #76 for low speed wich is .0200. Does this sound right?

Last edited:
Don't mess around with the idle (low speed) jet- leave it stock. I've read on this forum about more members having PROBLEMS after doing so than any BENEFITS gained. We have both the older HF (blue) 6.5 "Greyhound" clone and the newer HF (black)6.5 "Predator" clone and have never screwed around with the idle jets, and they both run PERFECT.
Michael

Don't mess around with the idle (low speed) jet- leave it stock. I've read on this forum about more members having PROBLEMS after doing so than any BENEFITS gained. We have both the older HF (blue) 6.5 "Greyhound" clone and the newer HF (black)6.5 "Predator" clone and have never screwed around with the idle jets, and they both run PERFECT.
Michael
What about the main and the etube?

So now it came time to start putting the pred in the motovox if I would of know drilling the plate was such a b@&$! I would of bought the motor mount plate so anyway my ? Now is when I put the clutch on should it b flush with the end of the shaft or pushed all the way against the motor??

How can I keep this bike from doing wheelies it picks up every time I yank on it..should I change the clutch spring to green or change sprocket or both... This motor with header and air filter has so much torque it's crazy.

Just add a 20 lb. weight to each hand grip and call it a day! :shrug: Just kidding! Gearing can tame the beast, but you will end up with a higher top end!

cxbra

How can I keep this bike from doing wheelies it picks up every time I yank on it..should I change the clutch spring to green or change sprocket or both... This motor with header and air filter has so much torque it's crazy.
I need that in my life!! My predator 212 is bone stock, it has plenty of power but i'd love to have a 10+ hp beast! I really miss my modded Briggs 5hp (sitting around 7-8hp). It REALLY revved up top but of course it was built up. I want a simple jet change and e-tube, intake and header and call it a day.

I need that in my life!! My predator 212 is bone stock, it has plenty of power but i'd love to have a 10+ hp beast! I really miss my modded Briggs 5hp (sitting around 7-8hp). It REALLY revved up top but of course it was built up. I want a simple jet change and e-tube, intake and header and call it a day.
That's all ya need that's all I did and this bike flies and does wheelies on demand... I can't even let my kids ride it anymore cus it's too nuts