Got two motors DYNO tested today

delray

kind of surprise you didn't bring along your 5hp tecumseh and dyno that one. also doesn't surprise your engines putting out that kind of power. i personally have heard them run and they do make some noise.......:scooter:

kind of surprise you didn't bring along your 5hp tecumseh and dyno that one. also doesn't surprise your engines putting out that kind of power. i personally have heard them run and they do make some noise.......:scooter:
Brian I'am acctually going back down there tomorrow . Stout racing also has a company called Cleveland drifters , they make drift trikes . Well we or were talking about making stuff and I told him about my small header and intake under going . He is in need for a custom forward warp around header for them , so I've made a couple prototypes and I'am driving down tomorrow .
So I'am also taking the HS50 with me and we'll give her a spin on the dyno .

Hounddog

Nice work David! Those motors are pulling some serious torque and hp. Would make good kart motors too! Cannot wait to see and here the vids too. Thanks for sharing! HD

delray

hey dave, i was just wondering if you where sticking to just one carb or do you plan on running couple different ones on that engine.

Brian if your talking about the TEC , then just the one clone carb for now .. I went down to Stout racing today but didn't take my motor . He's got a 15 degree mount on the dyno and the belt length is set up for the angle mount . That said my TEC will not run at tilted the carb won't work so no dyno . What I will do is make myself a angled manifold to run on that mount and go back .
I'am working out a deal to build headers for him and I see him again .

delray

that would be cool to see how much power gain you will get out of that flathead. reason i was asking about carbs. i believe you where trying different carbs on that flathead and seeing what works the best. dave i was looking at couple different cams for the tecumseh's. the 245 and the 255 dyno cams. but i can't find any spec's on either one? yet! do you still have your spec sheet. you are running a 255? correct? maybe if so can you post it or pm me a copy of the print out sheet..........thanks alot

what kind of headers would you build. just for his racing applications.