gx200 stroking with predator crank

what all does it take to do this? probably going throw this crank in with a std length billet rod, with flat top piston. will I have to mill the piston down? looked all over the site and couldn't find anything

it's going to take some machine work because the rod journals are different size, and yes you would have to mill the piston down. Depending on how thick the top of the piston is, that may not be possible. Someone more knowledgeable will chime in tomorrow after they are done opening presents :)

Last edited:
Get the ARC rod made for the Predator crank, and the flywheel...
Are you using the Gx200 piston? Or do you have the gx200 bored to accept the Predator piston?

In mine I used the predator crank, .020 predator rod, and a UT2 gx200 piston...( has a shorter comp. height)
Brought me upto .010 in the hole used a .018 gasket...

Originally my gx200 was .045 in the hole...
This is what we call the mini stroker... Run nice, picks up rpms quick, lots of torque...
This is with a 14cc head, 27/25 valves, head P&P, and a Black Mamba cam with a 390 carb. on meth.
Had to brace the block quite a bit to keep it from blowing the jug off..

Last edited:
my motor has a 310 cam dual valve springs ported 14cc head with 32/28 valves. std. bore std. stroke with a tuned tillotson, already making 22hp just looking for a little more just no reason to waist a ton of money just thought It would be a good idea and cheap if not ill go with a .014 over akra stoke crank and maybe bore it .020 over

I'm ordering the parts tomorrow, going to test it In another engine j built. Ordering a predator crank, stock rod, ut2 piston, bored gx390 carb on alky and looking for a new cam, already have 1.3 rockers but I have a black mamba Jr was thinking either the regular black mamba or maybe an nr racing 285?