gx340 minimum mods needed to be safe

hey everyone,
I got a free gx340 off a power washer from work after cleaning the carb changing the oil and a new filter it started first pull. I have decided to put a torque converter on it a commit 40 series it works great but isnt fast enough, of course, what i would like to do is get the RPMs up. My question to you is how can i safely remove/modify the governor to allow somewhere around 5000 RPM, where can i get the parts and what parts are needed to do this. I know i need stronger springs and I have read the disclaimer about governor removal on stock motors.

I have heard everything from taking the governor out, modifying the throttle, putting a cheater spring in... ext. I am on a very slim budget so the less i have to do the better.

First of all, welcome aboard. Secondly, if you're going to remove the governor, you need the billet connecting rod & flywheel, no if's, and's or but's.

A GX340 should have plenty of snot as-is, changing the gear ratios should help out a little bit.

Hondas are not clones , they do not come apart like clones . I have a brand new honda setting in my garage from NR racing . It is a stock motor with the GOV removed has 22pound springs jet kit and electric start , so theres a starter ring on the flywheel . NO billet rod or flywheel in the motor . Russell at NR tells us that he has never seen a HONDA flywheel come apart even at high RPM's , this motor will only rev 5200 . Your honda will probably be just fine . If you need info on your motor contact Russell at NR racing . JMO

I raced open 390's and 420's on go karts these engines love a little attention to the intake port . and Jett work with the carb . but if all you are doing is removing governor . I wouldn't do a lot to it . cam , springs or big carb ./without a piston and rod combo improvement . and leave the counter balance shaft in . if you don't intend to really open up the engine and let it breath .

Hondas are not clones , they do not come apart like clones . I have a brand new honda setting in my garage from NR racing . It is a stock motor with the GOV removed has 22pound springs jet kit and electric start , so theres a starter ring on the flywheel . NO billet rod or flywheel in the motor . Russell at NR tells us that he has never seen a HONDA flywheel come apart even at high RPM's , this motor will only rev 5200 . Your honda will probably be just fine . If you need info on your motor contact Russell at NR racing . JMO
you said 22 pound springs are those stock or are they upgraded?