h50 5hp flatty

I was given a (h50) 5hp flathead, a few months back. Now i have thoughts of putting it in a doodle bug. I've built briggs that ran good before but never a tec. What options are there for me? I dont plan on going all out drag motor with it, but i want it to run good.

is it a runner? pics???

if it is old i would completely rebuild/clean it up and paint it. my h60 only took $12 to fix up. and it was far from running.

first, is i would remove the governor.
also give it an electronic ignition module.
k&n looking air filter...
straight pipe or modified exhaust.
maxtorque clutch.
new oil.

thats all the stuff i did to mine^^^^^^^^

good luck!

I believe there are some hop up parts available, rods, cam ect... I hear they run pretty good! Good luck
I have one too. that's a sweet engine. Might be one of the Tec race kit engines. I see it has a Tilloston carb which the race kits came with. yes, you can get cams and other parts for them. If it's a race engine, it has a billet rod from the factory. VERY NICE!!

Edit: Oh whoops; that was kb2's H50; sorry!

KB2ROCKET

You were right it did start life as a h50 race kit only the block was swapped to a h60 bearing block for the larger bore then 7hp crank to make it a stroker mike and or jeff clements jeff was the head of Tecumseh motorsports built this engine it has stainless valves wisco piston billet rod a high lift cam clements billet flywheel a custom billet head and is completely ported and runs on alcohol I'm told it makes 20+ hp a far cry from the 3 1/2 hp that originaly came on this bike

You were right it did start life as a h50 race kit only the block was swapped to a h60 bearing block for the larger bore then 7hp crank to make it a stroker mike and or jeff clements jeff was the head of Tecumseh motorsports built this engine it has stainless valves wisco piston billet rod a high lift cam clements billet flywheel a custom billet head and is completely ported and runs on alcohol I'm told it makes 20+ hp a far cry from the 3 1/2 hp that originaly came on this bike
I thought it might be a Clements. he was big into that class and your carb has one of his fuel caps on it. I ended up getting a billet flywheel from VKE for mine.