H50 Crankshaft and Sidecover Wanted

I'm in need of a Tecumseh H50 crankshaft and sidecover for my current project. Does anybody have some used ones in good condition to sell? (see photos below)

Engine- Tecumseh H50-65403T SER 1136D (Solid State Coil Engine)
Crankshaft- Tecumseh part # 36391 or # 35235
Sidecover- Tecumseh part # 31451A

You will note by the photos that this is a ball bearing-type crankshaft and sidecover. While this would be preferred, I would also consider a bushing-type crankshaft and sidecover if they are directly interchangeable, and would work on my engine. Also, for my needs the sidecover must have the 4 tapped/threaded holes around the PTO.
Thank for any help you can provide,
Jeff

Last edited:
Those pictures are not your own parts, and just for reference only??? :mellow:

I've got a lot of Tec big block parts..

You are SURE you have a ball bearing cover already, just need a useable crank?? :mellow:

I'm in need of a Tecumseh H50 crankshaft and sidecover for my current project. They can be used but need to be in good condition. The photos above show the exact crank and sidecover I want to replace with good used ones. I will not be using this crank and sidecover (as pictured above). Thank you

Just for clarification:
The Ruppster's engine is ELECTRONIC ignition (no points or condensor). It is my understanding that the TAPER of the crankshaft on the flywheel end is different on the Tecumseh electronic ignition engines vs. the points and condensor engines- Can someone verify that?
Yes, those are OUR parts. The crankshaft has an odd wear pattern (maybe from a loose pulley, bracket, etc.?) on the PTO end and is not useable. Also, although not visible in the photos the sidecover has 2 holes in it under that aluminum disc epoxied on at the upper right tapped hole, and the threaded hole is destroyed and not useable.
Michael

DAMN Skippy... If that's the story, those parts ARE STILL WORTH HAVING!!!!

Steel is just steel man.. You could braze or weld or anything the crank back up to size, then spin it back down to a smooth 3/4...Or even turn it to 5/8.. :shrug:

Once they're gone, they're gone.. :mellow:

I CAN NOT verify the crank taper at this time, But I almost challenge that statement.. :glare: The crank shaft taper IS VERY IMPORTANT to check for, as there are at least 4 for the H's that I know of.. :eek:hmy: and maybe 5 or 6 for the HS :facepalm:

BUT the last time I had the flywheel off from my EIC H50, I wanna say it is the SAME taper as the SMALLEST vintage H50 taper...

They might be TAPERED differently, but they are very close in size to the smaller H50.. Like the H50 lighted aluminum flywheel, would be the same as the modern engines...

IF IT WORKS OUT.... They MIGHT BE different too, I'm not sure as of now...

I will check later on tonight when I'm at home.. :wink: