Harbor Freight Double Dipping

fonz

Who has had luck using the 20% off coupon with the engines already on sale at $129 or $99 ??? I think my store wont do it any more. I got away with it once two years ago, but I think they changed their policy now. Any one recently Double Dipping with the sale price and the coupon? Thanks to all who reply.
Fonz

When I bought my greyhound clone earlier this year it was $129 (or maybe even less!) plus my 20% off coupon. The guy at the register even commented that it was one hell of a deal.

Not sure if the coupon will not apply during their $99 sale though.

I am looking at the ad and there is "Fine print" at the bottom of the page with the motor on it and it says "Percentage off coupons will not be honored with the purchase of products shown in this flyer."

Also on the 20% off coupon fine print it says "*Cannot be used with any other discount or coupon. Coupon not valis on any of the following: gift cards, inside track club membership, extended service plans, compressors, generators, tool cabinets, welders, floor jacks, campbell hausfield products, open box items, PARKING LOT SALES ITEMS, BLOW OUT SALE ITEMS, Day after thanksgiving sale items, TENT SALE ITEMS, 800 number orders or online orders."
I called and the lady told me all this on the phone but said bring your coupon because it will tell you at the register when they scan it IF you can use your coupon. She said it's worth a try maybe it would slip through.

I'm trying it!!

When I bought my welder a few months back the fine print said the same thing. The girl at the register took off 20%, which I did not request. I left the coupon at home. Then when she asked if I wanted the extended warranty, I said no thanks, she said, " Well Ill just give it to you". Point is, you never know .

They are on page # 3 at $99.99.
http://www.harborfreight.com/retail-flyer?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3411a&utm_source=1002

I talked to a guy i know that works there and he said IF they take any coupons it would be early in the morning only BC corporate let it slip. He said when they scan the coupon it is the corporate computers that say yes or no to the coupon and usually they slip through in the morning BC nobody has caught them using the coupons yet. He said that usually by noon they figured it out and stop the coupons.

Last edited:

fonz

I got there 10 minutes after they opened today. I got two 6.5's. The 20% coupon didn't work. The coupon even says not for tent sales. Still, two engines for $200 bucks, I'm more then happy. Almost a two for one sale. The guy at HF said the new Predator is a better engine then the old blue Lifan. I find that hard to believe, but it would be great if it was true. I also have a a new in the box older HF greyhound. I'm gonna replace the current engine in a couple of days on my Baja Warrior. Now I'm in a puzzle on which new engine to use??? The Greyhound or the Predator?? I've got a new Comet 30 series torque converter on it now, so it's a pretty nice set up. What one would you use guys???

Last edited:
I got mine AND got 20% off!!! I had to work today so i asked the wife if she would swing down by in the morning and grab one for me, she got there and couldn't find them. So tried to ask someone but it seemed that everytime she would go to ask someone they would run away or were just too busy BSing to help her. So she finally got some help and they told her they were all wrapped up outside on the side walk so she went out to get it and had to cut the plastic wrap off the skid, pull one out of the pile BC there were banded on the skid also and haul it to the cart, (she weighs 100lbs.) all while everyone inside stood there and watched! When she went into pay for it the guy at the register said "Oh i didn't know you wanted one or i would have helped you get it.":doah: So the manager gave her 20% off everything in the cart for her troubles. I thought that was pretty decent of them. SHE IS NOT VERY HAPPY WITH ME!:cursing:

I got mine AND got 20% off!!! I had to work today so i asked the wife if she would swing down by in the morning and grab one for me, she got there and couldn't find them. So tried to ask someone but it seemed that everytime she would go to ask someone they would run away or were just too busy BSing to help her. So she finally got some help and they told her they were all wrapped up outside on the side walk so she went out to get it and had to cut the plastic wrap off the skid, pull one out of the pile BC there were banded on the skid also and haul it to the cart, (she weighs 100lbs.) all while everyone inside stood there and watched! When she went into pay for it the guy at the register said "Oh i didn't know you wanted one or i would have helped you get it.":doah: So the manager gave her 20% off everything in the cart for her troubles. I thought that was pretty decent of them. SHE IS NOT VERY HAPPY WITH ME!:cursing:
That happens to me locally at Krogers and Wal-mart,employees bsing with each other.With so many people out of work I would s#$%can them.

The people at my HF are useless too. Well, there was one decent guy who set aside something that woulnt fit in the car to come pick up later. Then we get there and its closing not letting anyone else in. The guy was leaving and the door was locked so he knocked and had another employee let us in to pick it up. That's the only good experence though. They just left the 1 hp drill press on a dolly in the front of the store and walked away.