Haven't posted much here lately. Feeling kinda bummed out.

Some of you might have noticed that I haven't posted much here in the past months. Well about 5 years ago I went to see my family doctor about some shoulder pain and a sharp pain on the top of my foot. His answer was to go see a Rheumatologist because he thought I might be experiencing arthritis pain. So for the next year and a half I was treated for Psoriatic arthritis, what they thought I might have. However through that year the pain began to get worse and spread throughout my entire body. All my joints and muscles would ache and make me feel like a 70 year old. So since the medications I was being given weren't doing anything for me I decided to go for another opinion and this doctor found a bulged disc in my upper back. I got some cortisone shots over a year but with no improvement. I went for another opinion and this doctor, who I call doctor Doogie Howser, ran me through a gamut of test including bone scans, full blood work including testing for metals, checking for Lupus and Lyme disease but everything came back normal. So now I get this diagnosis of Fibromyalgia which basically says they don't know what is wrong with me. I get put on large doses of prescriptions to treat the pain and nothing seems to work and all the while the pain is getting worse. I basically wake up, crawl out of bed, go to work in pain, get home and sit in my recliner laying on heating pads. They tell me moving around is supposed to help but that is all I do all day and I can't keep moving all night long.

So, my bikes have been sitting collecting dust (although I took some to a show in Feb. ) and my artwork has been stalled (but I did just do a shirt design that I promised for the Symco Drags). So, maybe now that it's getting warmer out my body will start to feel a little better and I will be getting back to myself again. Thanks for listening

Good luck! Hope you get feeling better soon. I work with a lady who has fibromyalgia and she can't sit long, has to use a desk that allows her to stand at times. The pain on some days just gets the best of her, it's tough to watch. Keep your head up!

Tom, I am sorry to hear you are in pain. I wondered where you'd been.

Here's to hoping for warmer weather for you, and some relief of your pain...:thumbsup:

Take care man.

Tom, God bless you. I have lived your life I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 20 plus years ago. Dealt with a Rheumatologist too. Boy what a waste...

Fibromyalgia is a catch phrase most of the time just like being told you have a cold.....

You can be helped. You can be cured. You need 3 things and they all sound completely wrong.

1 - Chiropractor

2 - acupuncturist

3 - Allergist

I am typing this in a rush to get out the door. Send me a PM so it pops up and I don't forget this. I will send the details of each and who to contact to find their counterpart in your area. My allergist has people coming 2 states away for his help.

Been there lived that life and am free of it for years. I hope you can find the same.

Doug

Last edited:

buckeye

I was wondering..

So hate to hear this.
Working in medicine, I see what pain does to people.
It touches every part of their lives. And not in a good way.
Your Doc is right.
Keep moving as much as you can tolerate. Even if it is a little.
I hate this for you Tom.

Sorry for your health problems. Fibramalga is the "bucket" disease doctors don't know what it is.In my estimation it's a normal decline of a working man's disease, nerve pain. I have pain all the time,every waking moment,i take 50mg or 100mg tramadol before i sleep, sleeping hurts me and drink a bottle of wine a day and walk..i can not stress enough that you walk.I crawl out off bed after sleep every time sleep until i walk it out.You can try therapy,accupuncture and other things .As far as disc issues there are injections to make ruptured discs solid again.I do not know your age,but i am on disability,full retirement benefits i went to a disabiliy lawyer and gave her 5 years of medical records and 6 months later approved.I've had a mri and the neurologist said..yaaa good news,you don't need an operation.That does not help pain or lack of mobility telling me that! So i live best i can.Hope you are able to find some comfort

Last edited: