Heald Super Tryke

I got a new to me Heald Super Tryke. It has the 8hp Tecumseh hm80 engine and single seat on it. True barn find. During xmas at my aunts house I go out in their barn with my cousin to see the spark plugs he was changing on a truck and saw it sitting there. He had taken the shroud off of it and just left it. Anyway, long story short I made a deal to come back in the truck and get it. Showed up a few days later and got it and about 6 old bicycles. He was going to just give it to me but I couldn't do that so I made him take a little bit of money.

The question I have is, Does anyone know for sure which belt the TC uses? I bought one from OldMiniBikes that I though was correct. Used the Comet webpage and ordered what I though was correct and it is about half as big as it should be.
I have the number and info for the guy in MI that helped make them and am going to call him Monday just thought I would see if someone knows before Monday.

Thanks for any info,

Darrin

Call Ron Kimball at Power Tec 1-800-535-9529, he's the man and you will enjoy doing business with him.
The reason you want to speak with Ron, is that he was one of the head technical folks at Heald. Ron's company powertec sells lot's and lot's of the Heald Parts.

They also have 'schematic' drawings available, that show how to assemble the particularHeald models...just like used to ship with each of these kit bikes.

And yes, Ron is great to talk with, very knowledgeable, and genuinely nice !

Oh and by the way....what a find in your uncle's barn. Show us some pictures when you can.

That's the number and name I have to call. Glad to hear he is easy to deal with. I'm getting pretty excited about this thing. I have had it running. Put in new points and condensor, rebuilt carb but didn't have new fuel line and it was leaking terrible. got the tank and blower housing off right now. Got new throttle tube and cable to put on it and hopefully have it running and riding by the end of the week if I can get a belt. Post office closed tomorrow so i know it won't be sent until at least tuesday. I'll try to get a pic up tonight.

Thanks for the info,

Darrin

I have a bench seat Tryke and one like you have, the single seat one needs a bit more work but I hope to ride it this summer. I love the Heald stuff and will likely have a few more eventually. Post pics of your progress when you can, we love to see pics.:thumbsup:

Here it is. I'm gonna make it run and make it so It can be ridden. Then maybe make it pretty but I doubt it. I like them rough. Don't make me feel so bad when I take them out and beat on them.

Got some work done on this thing the past couple weeks. Got a new throttle and cable on it, gas tank cleaned, new gas line and filter, carb cleaned. I had some time and was messing around so I cleaned up the blower housing and shot some paint on it. Not the right tint of white but white none the less. Took the fenders off to straighten the mounting brackets. I have a kill switch on it that I bought but haven't hooked it up yet.
Got it started and running and rode it the other night. It was only 7 degrees out so only rode it about 4 minutes. Did a couple donuts in my brother in laws front yard and parked it. Sure is a fun little bug.
Unfortunately my wife gave me a list of upcoming expenses for my daughters senior festivities and Prom so It is going in the for sale section.
Here a couple updated pictures though.

Where you lucky enough to get the rear fenders and roll bar with it ? I see it also has the switch for the electric start on the top side of the right shock . Nice find . They are alot of fun to ride any time of the year .