Heald VT-2 Trail Bronc

I started a rebuild project my Heald VT-2 Trail Bronc minibike. I originally purchased the bike in a kit from the Carl Heald (Benton Harbor, Mi) in 1970/71 when I was 14 years old. I pulled the frame and parts from the attic this fall and decided it was time to reassemble the bike after a paint job and gathering some new parts.

Thanks guys for the compliments. It has been a joy to find this website and read all the interesting posts about minibikes and Heald pointers which connected me with Ron Kimball to fill my parts list and a walk down memory lane.
I feel a bit of my youth returning; being my first wheels with a motor! View attachment 67137 View attachment 67138

I feel your excitement. I also have a Heald with all of its original documentation since it was new. You can see my thread under my user name. Great looking build, AGAIN.

I sent in for the build sheet when I was 12-13 years old but never managed to save enough money to buy the kit but i kept the build sheet....This Monday I will be picking up my Super Bronc and you can be sure the restoration will start on Tuesday. By the way, I'm 56 years old now. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Nice job, Neat bike it turn out good :thumbsup:, Seeing yours makes me want to finish my two healds bikes. I've collected most the parts now to complete them.