Heathkit Boonie Bike?

I'm thinking of picking this bike up but I'm a little on the fence. I think it's a Heathkit Boonie Bike but I'm not 100%. I know it's missing the jackshaft or it might be a model that didn't have one, I just don't know. Is there anything else it's missing that I'm going to have a tough time finding? I've got a 5hp Tecumseh and a torque converter to swap in if it'll fit without having to cobble together a jackshaft. Not looking to make it perfectly or restore it to original, I would just want to get it going for my 12 year old cousin to bomb around on the beach. 00C0C_cLxpY8CtUIL_600x450.jpg

Cool find RadRacer.

I think it's a Heathkit Boonie Bike...but it may be an early Heald ? (Carl Heald bought the mini bike rights from Heathkit back when).

Our resident Heald guru is Rick Chatten @chatten63 . This will notify him of our question, and let's see what Rick has to say. Is it a Heathkit...or a Heald Vt-1 ?

Cool find RadRacer.

I think it's a Heathkit Boonie Bike...but it may be an early Heald ? (Carl Heald bought the mini bike rights from Heathkit back when).

Our resident Heald guru is Rick Chatten @chatten63 . This will notify him of our question, and let's see what Rick has to say. Is it a Heathkit...or a Heald Vt-1 ?
Hmm, definitely could be. All I've seen are 3 blurry pictures on craigslist, and the seller thinks it's a Tote Gote

If you can find a comet 2 speed to put in it you would be better off. Originals are impossible to get. You could use a clutch band brake for it

I have an HS50 with a torque converter ready to go on this thing, that's what I'm going with. It looks like it has the original drum brake sans cable so I'll try and hook that up with parts I have laying around