Hello from England. Long time listener, first time caller

Hello everyone.

Im Joe and i live in England. Been watching this forum for a while now and this is my first time posting!

I love american style mini bikes, so i have aquired 3 briggs engines that im now going to use to build a mini bike amd a go kart.

Im currently in the process of building a tot rod for my two young kids, which uses a modern pedal car body that ive custom painted and a pre war engine made by villiers (the midget) a 98cc english made mower engine.

My fabrication skills are limited as im new to it, but im a paint sprayer by trade.

Anyway im looking to meet new friends with the same intrest, share project builds and pick peoples brains!!

All the best for now! I hope to speak with alot of you soon.

Joe

Haha thanks sixpac440. Its still a long way off, i need to figure out a brake of some kind! Think dad will have to make the first test ride :laugh:

KB2ROCKET

Slideaway I have had a Villiers 9E on my engine shelf for many years now its got a special kart mount and no gearbox I have also squirreled away a mini chopper frame and because the engine area of the chopper frame is somewhat tall it looks like the Villiers will fit in there very nicely. around here finding anything Villiers is very rare probably more common where you are. anyways welcome to the site let us know if we can help with anything
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...ns/82751-ive-little-2-cycles-coming-eyes.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind welcome KB2. Your right, villiers parts and engines are very easy to find where im from in the uk. The original factory is about a 20minute drive from my house. Many british motorcycle firms used villiers engines, as im sure you know, i belive the 9e was used in some francis barnett bikes. Ive got about 3/4 villiers midget motors and loads of parts, but no gear box for a 9e im affraid :( i will keep my eyes open aeound the autojumbles though!

KB2ROCKET

back in the 60's some people used Villiers in kart because the gearbox could be removed and would satisfy the single speed rule. I am not looking for a gearbox I think my engine "should run" but who knows until I actually give it a whirl :)

The Villiers Kart engine was used back in 1959 at a small kart track located behind the Ascott race track in Gardena, California and it was started by pushing as it was direct drive and a wild ride to see and hear. That was my first kart race to attend. There were a lot of different engines used in those days and all were two stroke so thee sound and smell was intoxicating to a 15 year old boy.
I had a mini bike with a 60cc Villars engine it was a kick start and a 3 speed transmission. I got into a lot of trouble with my Mom because the engine was missing the Carburetor and the exhaust so I made some calls ( long distance Calls ) looking for parts and that got me in hot water with my Mom. I never got to get it working and my friends got tired of pushing me around so it disappeared. Sadly no pictures taken and no knowledge of who made it so long ago.