Hello from Southern Maryland.

Hello all,
I was searching around on Google to get some design ideas for a trike I want to build from scratch and I found this cool site, so I decided to join the forum.
Now for the introduction,
I'm Shawn and I am addicted to all things mechanical and / or with an engine! As a kid of the 70's, I was lucky enough to grow up around my uncles who are mechanics, machinists, fabricators and welders. They were always building or had drag cars, dune buggies, motorcycles, go karts or a mini bike of some type and one of my uncles built and flew fuel powered model airplanes (and still does). Which being a kid, I thought they were the coolest people in the world with coolest stuff and I wanted to follow in their footsteps. So one of my uncles taught me how to ride mini bikes and go karts when I was around 5 yrs. old. Thus the beginning of my addiction. Watching and learning, I became a mechanic and fabricator at a very early age which became my career for over 25 years. Both automotive and small engines.

My wife and I have 3 boys, 15, 10 and 3 1/2 whom I've introduced to mini bikes and go karts. My oldest son has a Baja Warrior MB200 that I got new at Pep Boys for $379.99 back in 2012 and my 10 yr. old has a standard single seat, single drive wheel go kart powered by a stock 5hp B&S engine that I got at a yard sale for $100.00. And my youngest son has a battery powered Power Wheels style kart.

As for me, I currently do not have a mini bike or kart, but I am planning to build a 212cc Predator powered Alsport style Trike here in the near future. Which I will post a build thread.

Here are a couple of pics of my oldest son's bike, my youngest on his power wheels kart, (he wouldn't stand still long enough to take a better pic) and my current toy, an 85cc gas engine powered R/C plane and my old OK Cub Kart tether car powered by .024 engine that runs on a mix of methanol, nitro methane and castor oil.
I'll post pics of my sons go kart as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks,
Shawn

Attachments

Last edited: