Help with adding Front Suspension forks!

All,

Well the front forks and and handlebars are done. I used the 30 degree Azuza Fork angle. I also set it up so that the front of the frame sits about an inch higher than the rear. She levels off once the rider gets on. I also added the center bar to the handlebar. Turned out pretty good. Thanks for all who chimed in. Once I get the rest of it done I will see how it rides. I have been riding it around the shop (Flintstones Style) and it steers and rides nice. The Yamaha steering stops are nice. The top fork tree doesn't bang in to the frame. If your interested in how it turns out check out the my post on adding a side car to a 6 hp Azuza.

Before
Mini Bike 5.jpg

After
IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

Hec

Last edited:
Motomaster212cc,

Yup! I used all Yamaha PW50 components with the exception of the tire, rim, handlebar, and handlebar mounts. Make sure that your tire is no wider than 3.5" and I wouldn't go with any rim wider than 4". Keep and eye out for wrecked PW50 frames. You can get the front end pieces for cheap! Good luck with your mod! I hope this thread helps you and others who want to do the same. There is a lot of people willing to help out there! :thumbsup:

good luck

Hec

Last edited:
Motomonster212cc,

I screwed up on my previous post. Don't use a rim wider than 3"! 4" wide rims will not work with these forks! Sorry about that.

Hec