Help??

Above is an image of where there once was a spring for my baja warrior which I unfortunately mangled. Without it the bike will not idle or start properly. I thought i ordered the correct one off monster scooter parts but after looking at the bike closer I am not sure it is.

E05-1296 - Throttle Return Spring for the Baja Mini Bi is the part I ordered but now I am thinking that is a different spring. Hopefully I am wrong. I was hoping someone could tell me if I am correct with this and if so where I might find the correct spring.. also and most importantly. What is the best way to attach the spring again once I get one?? It needs to have the the rod in the focus of the picture slipped through the middle and im not sure where to begin.. Please help me out with this.. I feel like an idiot!.. thanks!!

joekd

you don't need the OEM spring, you just need any spring that will pull the throttle closed when you release it. I go to the auto parts and buy the assorted pack of throttle springs then piece together what works. I don't like to put spring on the carb itself and instead use them on the linkage.

Here is a pic of my clone linkage to give you an idea