helping with the upgrade db30 2.5 to 6.5

Hey, Im glad to have come across to this site, i need some help !!! in a few days Im going to San antonio (from mexico) to get a new db30, but i wanna do the upgrade, so i know the original cluth will not work with the 6.5 hp, but what about the original chain i think is # 35, do i need to change it to other???, other question is if i get the torq a verter, a new clutch is not needed right??, but stuck again with the chain issue, so i will be glad if someone can give some more information to get this straight once for all, if u could be more specific about u helping also would be helpful, i need to get confortable with the all thing, once again thanks.
:hack::weld::scooter:

You wont have any problems with your chain, they both use #35 so no worries there.

As for a torque converter I've never used one but I've been told that its a great upgrade, anyone care to add?

but is posible to do the modification on the original plate, cjtmini is gone, i read that in one hour the cjtmini´s kit is ready to run, and if u said it has a second plate, this second plate is installed on the original plate like a sanwich??, or do i need to remove the original plate and then to solde the second plate and do the all installation in one hour, mmm no sounds like platical. ?? could you tell me more about it, thanks.

it's a plate that bolts onto the existing motor plate. the holes for the 2.8 are different than the 6.5. if you don't have the plate, you'll need to drill and slot new holes to mount the motor. it's not that hard, but alignment can become an issue then. if everything isn't square, you can have problems with the chain.

I was thinkiing in drill it , but I see what u mean, witht he aligment issue. well where I can get the kit if cjt is gone, Im going this weekend to san antonio, 30 31 january 1 2 february. thanks for helping me :thumbsup:

cant wait i just realice i love minibikes, and i wanna get 2, for my son , and for me. is a nice hobby. I think i can deal witht the aligment issues, hopefully i will be able to.
thanks for the help strigoi and npatton19 :thumbsup:

yes I will remove the governor on my´s, the other one will stay complet for my son, he is 10, so i wanna go step by step with helmet :).

drive safety :scooter: Thanks

remove the governor on the 6.5 hp u mean, or the governor on the my son bike, for my´s sure i will remove it, for my son i think i will wait.
drive safety :scooter:

mmmm strabge i did 2 post already about removing the governor and i dont see them , mmmm, well no sure if the 6,5hp has one if it has i will remove it, but the governor on my son´s bike it will stay there.

drive safety :scooter:

i changed it. i think it was here that i had this as a pic and got many questions regarding what it was. well, here it is.
:sadcrying4: I'm not going to sleep for a week. I remember watching the original HELL RAISER movie when I was younger and how F'd up that was. I didnt sleep soundly for a while and any noise in the house freaked me out. :scared: Thanks though......