Heres a GREAT Honda question for you guys...

Has anyone ever put a Honda vertical shaft into a horizontal block? I never really tried but know MANY motors have the same shaft just a few misc changes to block and oiling system...

I can get a NICE little GC160 over head CAM engine that runs like new for about nothing but it's got a short crank... Same guy has it's vertical brother sitting there with a long 3/4 crank... I hate to buy MORE stuff I'll never mess with but hell... The price is right.. :shrug: Maybe just a buy & try situation???

Never know.. might be awesome... :scooter:

65ShelbyClone

The GCs have been around longer than the clones AFAIK. They were around long before HF started carrying anything but Briggs and Honda, anyway. :shrug:They are marketed as a "consumer grade" or "residential" alternative to the GX line.

Unfortunately I don't know what parts, if any, can be interchanged between the GC and GCV engines. If someone else does, I wouldn't mind knowing for my own knowledge base. :detective:

The GCs have been around longer than the clones AFAIK. They were around long before HF started carrying anything but Briggs and Honda, anyway. :shrug:They are marketed as a "consumer grade" or "residential" alternative to the GX line.

Unfortunately I don't know what parts, if any, can be interchanged between the GC and GCV engines. If someone else does, I wouldn't mind knowing for my own knowledge base. :detective:
We might have to just buy them and find out... :wink: The little motor runs like a swiss watch..

Not junk just a dead end....
They have no aftermarket and they are not industrial grade.

Kind of reminds me of the G200s back in the day ( mind you they were a great robust engine ), you just could not do much with them.

A clone however is cheap and you can pump it up to levels nothing a GC can match