Hey New From Jacksonville!

gakarl

Hey gang, bought my first mini bike today... I have always rode motorcycles and I have 8 year old triplets so its time to get them riding while their young. Reliving my youth I guess but that's the beauty of parenthood. So picked this bad boy up off craigslist. Don't know much about these things and was a bit of a impulse buy but I got it at a reasonable price so I did it. Cool guy think he is a member on here who told me about the website. Its a got a Predator 212CC which is brand new. I am a bit of a tinker so this should be fun. I ordered the clutch, gear and chain today. Think I am going to order a band break versus installing the stock friction break... excited to get this beast on the road. Also got the seat, fenders just need to be installed. So can anyone school me on what I have on my hands? Body type? Engine performance? Looks like it might get a little hot on the thigh area with the engine right there... I've been reading a little not much so far as I am new but this seems to be the leading forum for this stuff.
View attachment 63987

View attachment 63988

In the background is a E300 I modded. Has two 12v 18ah in series with a upgraded controller. Thing scats pretty good. Need to put a bigger motor in it thou, all about the speed. :)

View attachment 63989
View attachment 63990

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard Karl . :thumbsup: Nice little ride !

From what I can see of your valve cover, you've got the Hemi Predator ... Nice !!

gakarl

Welcome Aboard Karl . :thumbsup: Nice little ride !

From what I can see of your valve cover, you've got the Hemi Predator ... Nice !!

So thanks for the info. Is that good? Do these have a governor? As I said I'm a newb. Thoughts on the band brake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So thanks for the info. Is that good? Do these have a governor? As I said I'm a newb. Thoughts on the band brake?

Yes it should still have the govenor hooked up, and thats good for the kids..but plenty of low end power.
Are you going to use a clutch/band brake ?

gakarl

Does anyone make a mounting kit they sell for the clutch band brake? I can mod up my own I am sure but just thought someone maybe has one for a hemi predator already made. Just fabbing a couple pieces of metal and a bolt.

markus

oldschoolminibike has about the best price for a complete "kit" they also sell the parts individually like the bracket etc if you going to make your own. You can probably put all the parts together through OldMiniBikes as well although I don't know if there guard brackets are high enough or not, never tried.

Brake Band Kit - Old School Mini Bike Parts & Stuff

they are a direct fit to the engine sidecover on the clones, I used one on a bike I built

I dont know if the throttle assy is the same on a Hemi than the standard predator that was on the above bike but I just loosened the tensioning nut/pivot point on the throttle arm that was on there to reduce the friction and then added a spring to from the arm back over to the muffler. It was not fancy but it worked and had good safe return. I would have fancied it up if I had picked up all the bolt on crap like header and air cleaner etc.

oldschoolminibike
Excellent info thanks for the links! So the bolt the brake band mounts too, that goes into the side engine block, any know specifics on that bolt? I may try to rig my own cover from the one that came with the bike, however I love the one in the link you sent. Just would like to see if I can same a $40 and make do with what I have on hand first since I technically only need the bolt, wire, and lever at this point. I have the clutch break band on order, just need a couple minor pieces. But that bolt for sure would be easier if someone could tell me exactly what to buy instead of my trying to measure treads and lengths.

I have added a pic for specifics. Bolt I am referring to the size is circled in blue in the pic.

View attachment 64013

BTW how long a brake cable do you think I need?

Was looking at this one just think it might be long.

http://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Brake-Cable-56-48.html

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes I do ...let me get you a link , be right back. I can't get it to open. Try googling (Allied Leisure Corp) and look under brakes.

Last edited:
Oh I think I saw them wasn't sure about the company glad you confirmed. Would rather OldMiniBikes but looks like I don't have a choice since a kit is my least expensive route.