HF engine should I keep it?

oldsledz

I bought one of the HF 6.5 HP engines with the extended warranty, they said even if I don't have any problems with it bring it back before the warranty is up and trade it in for a new one.
I have about 2 weeks left on the warranty and have never had any problems with the engine , I would guess it only has 10 to 20 hours run time on it should I keep the one I have or get a new one?
I have heard the new ones are of lower quality.

bandit 40

I bought one of the HF 6.5 HP engines with the extended warranty, they said even if I don't have any problems with it bring it back before the warranty is up and trade it in for a new one.
I have about 2 weeks left on the warranty and have never had any problems with the engine , I would guess it only has 10 to 20 hours run time on it should I keep the one I have or get a new one?
I have heard the new ones are of lower quality.

If you have no issues and it runs good ,keep it after all some people have got new engines with parts missing :cursing:.and I have heard people say that they cant get them to run right ....out of the box new. Just something to think about:wink:

vette66_00

If you have no issues and it runs good ,keep it after all some people have got new engines with parts missing :cursing:.and I have heard people say that they cant get them to run right ....out of the box new. Just something to think about:wink:
Very VERY few have said there are parts missing and I doubt half of those cause there haters already and documented so.

95% of this time people have issues because the damn oil sensor doesn't work right and they have not filled the engine high enough. First thing when having an issue with a brand new stock HF motor. Disconnect the oil sending unit. Ask Allen1967 :lol:

Keep it if it runs right and has low hours! The old saying if it aint broke dont fix it comes to mind! But it is your decision, and with another 2 year warranty (if they let you buy one) would not be a bad I idea either!

Shorty

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
If something happens to it later, go buy another one. Wait
a couple of weeks and take the other one back. It's not the
most honest thing to do, but WTF!

If you're an honest, considerate, compassionate individual, you shouldn't have to ask what to do. There's always someone watching. Scott.

oldsledz

If you're an honest, considerate, compassionate individual, you shouldn't have to ask what to do. There's always someone watching. Scott.
I bought this engine 2 years ago and another one Sunday, I bought the 2 year extended warranty with both and both times was told that I can bring it back just before the warranty is up and exchange it for a new one even if there is nothing wrong with it.

So what would be dishonest about exchanging it for a new one?

I bought this engine 2 years ago and another one Sunday, I bought the 2 year extended warranty with both and both times was told that I can bring it back just before the warranty is up and exchange it for a new one even if there is nothing wrong with it.

So what would be dishonest about exchanging it for a new one?
Well, what did you pay for it, $100? Now you used it for however long, it still runs good, and now you feel that you deserve a new one?? Somethin' wrong with that picture. How long have you had it?

oldsledz

I guess I should post my phone number for the people that can not read vary well.

THEY SAID YOU CAN BRING IT BACK AND EXCHANGE IT FOR A NEW ONE.

I would appreciate it if one of the mods will delete this thread.

I guess I should post my phone number for the people that can not read vary well.
THEY SAID YOU CAN BRING IT BACK AND EXCHANGE IT FOR A NEW ONE.
How 'bout the people that can't spell "VARY" well? LOL. Just because they said it, doesn't mean that you should take advantage of it. It was probably some pimply faced dumbo kid that gave you the wrong info. They're probably so used to seeing scum bags bringing engines back toward the end of the warranty, and getting handed another one, no questions asked. It's kinda like going out for a meal, eating 95% of it, and then telling the manager, "I didn't like that, I want my money back". By the way, if you don't like answers...don't ask questions. Good luck. Scott.

you guys need to understand how those "warranties" work you pay the 20 dollars and that gets set aside for a certain period then it becomes profit for them why do you think they push it. it isnt because they wanna save you head ache its because its pure profit. so they tell you things like just bring it back before the warranty ends to get you to buy it. however if cliff takes the motor back he payed the money he has the right to use it. you guys should read what it says about the warranty you could have 5 different people read it and get 5 different answers.

MiniBike Paul

I promised myself i would not jump in here, but i cannot resist.

Let's quit bullshitting around! Of course HF does not endorse your "warranty" as a promised replacement policy. And just because some minimum wage employees tipped you off on how to steal from their employer and not get caught, it is just not right!

You obviously do not own your own business!

If my dad was alive he would say to you, "there are a million ways to steal, you first have to decide if you are a crook!"

if it were me, i would take it back and get a new one. why not take advantage of that option. just make sure you get the new warranty so you can do it again!

MiniBike Paul

This would be a good test - I live a mile from HF Corporate and know a couple of HF employees. I could have them get me into a meeting with the brass, show them this thread, and we could see how the company feels!

Bet you don't want me to do that!

I was told the same thing and I'm pretty sure I was at a different store. If my motor was not running right I would exchange it. But after running it for a while and it is tried and true I would not.