HF engine swap- California (Need clarification)

Looking for feedback from my California brothers that have installed the HF 6.5 HP in the ("original/old style") DB. Will this CARB-approved engine, with the taller gas tank/cap and air filter box fit into the frame w/o modifications?:confused:
Thanks for any help guys.

Hey Creia! Not with out modification that I know of! Did one in my old db and had to make that tank bracket to reposition the tank. Just did one in my new style db and used the stock 2.8 tank also with a modded bracket. I just cannot see a way to do it without mods! Save youreself the headache and do a remote tank!!:thumbsup:Strap the little 2.8 tank ontop of the frame of a new style db and away you go!!!:scooter:

Thanks jdogg, I appreciate the reply.:thumbsup: I am hoping that others will share their experiences as well?:laugh:
Follow-up question: How about the HUGE air cleaner box on this same engine? Even if it fits within the DB frame, it looks like it may not be possible to take the cover off to service the air cleaner? If that is the case (suspected) does everybody just put on an aftermarket, performance K & N type air filter on this engine to solve that problem?:confused:

you either need to go with a totally different tank or find someone selling a non-CA one. plenty of people have the stock tanks sitting around so just ask in the Parts Wanted section.

Thanks jdogg, I appreciate the reply.:thumbsup: I am hoping that others will share their experiences as well?:laugh:
Follow-up question: How about the HUGE air cleaner box on this same engine? Even if it fits within the DB frame, it looks like it may not be possible to take the cover off to service the air cleaner? If that is the case (suspected) does everybody just put on an aftermarket, performance K & N type air filter on this engine to solve that problem?:confused:
If you do a K&N its my understanding you have to re jet and also do a header because of the increased air flow! Im using the stock air filter on my new style db and just trimmed it to remove the extra plastic. Works great just takes a little finageling to get it off!!

mount the stock 2.8 tank on top. make some home made brackets......it's easy
CJTMINI I did almost the exact same tank bracket!!
Seemed to me the easiest way to mount it in the frame! Creia if you go this route just add a little round tubbing spacer in the back mount to bring the tank forward a little bit to allow the gas outlet to clear the engine!!:thumbsup: