Hi From Manitoba...

Hi Guys...I'm a long time gearhead that's attracted to anything with a motor. There are three bikes in the family. I have two Buffalo Trailsports that my daughters used and outgrew. My 12 year old son is now using and abusing the trailsports. I just bought a Baja Comet 90 for myself since I always wanted a CT70 as a kid but could never afford it. Ther's really mixed reviews on the Baja bikes but this Comet 90 was on sale for 499.00 so I took a chance on it. So far so good...Plans are to get some knobby trail tires on this thing before I get hurt. As you can see we have snow already. Looking forward to contributing to some threads...

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Welcome Ted : Welcome to the OldMiniBikes a great place to enjoy your passion for the gearhead inside yourself. We kind of stick to the older mini bikes like your Buffalo Trailsports so your in like Flinn LOL
Steve Durham :scooter: Portland, Oregon

Hey Steve...Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to get a pic of the trailsports up shortly. People keep asking me how old the trailsports are since they resemble an older solid tail motorcycle. I bought two of only a handfull of these bikes imported into Manitoba. The importer brought in a few to test the market then ordered a trailer load of bikes that were held at the border and refused entry. Without serial numbers the bikes were not allowed into Canada. They are a very rare sight here...

Cheers

Welcome to OldMiniBikes, I like your Trail 70 clone. I have two of them and there great, No problems with them and you do not fell bad beating on them and keeping your classic Trail 70s in good shape. I have a few original Trail 70s too.
The Trail 70 clone will lead to getting more older style minibikes, give it time it happens.
You need to pull all them stickers off and put the Honda decals on it. Makes the look better. And the original Honda Trail 70 style tires improves traction too.
Heres one of mine.
I did put the Honda sticker on backwards on the frame. Realized it after I did it and did not want to buy a 30 dollar set of stickers to fix it.

Thanks for your reply! That's a sweet trail 70 you have there. I was planning to lose the numerous warning labels but I hadn't considered applying Honda decals. Thats a great idea. Now I'll have to look for a rear grab bar for the clone...It appears to be a direct bolt on. I have carrier racks on both of the buffalo trailsports and the really come in handy. I'll post a pic of the reworked clone as soon as its done...

Cheers

Look at Hooper imports web site you can get the same grab bar that came on mine, I think there around 60 bucks, There a guy on ebay thats from Colorado Springs that has some cheaper but there 2 inch's longer than mine. Also look a mytrailbuddy.com out of Zeeland Michigan he has them too.

Thanks very much for the lead on the luggage rack..I'll order one from Hoopers...Your blue trail 70 looks just as good as your red one...I have yet to find a real nice local bike...Always looking on Kijiji...LOL...

Cheers