Hilliard Clutches

I use the Hilliard Flame with Bully conversion kit, so I can change my clutch gear as needed and the bully gears are roller bearing versus the bronze bushing of most others. It is as smooth as any clutch, like Hent stated, keep it clean and lubed and should last a long time. I would recommend it.

Hilliard Flame

I thought about going with a hillard clutch but I did not like the ideal of an internal key.
I use max-torque because they have an external key.
With an external key you can use a key twice as big as an internal key.

Anyone have any thoughts about internal VS external keys?

I thought about going with a hillard clutch but I did not like the ideal of an internal key.
I use max-torque because they have an external key.
With an external key you can use a key twice as big as an internal key.

Anyone have any thoughts about internal VS external keys?
Are you talking about the actual 3/16" x 3/16" key that slides into the crank keyway, and the clutch hub? One being fixed(made into the hub) and one being removable? I am not following internal versus external :shrug:

Are you talking about the actual 3/16" x 3/16" key that slides into the crank keyway, and the clutch hub? One being fixed(made into the hub) and one being removable? I am not following internal versus external :shrug:
Yes that is what I am referring to.
The built-up keyway vs not built-in.

CarPlayLB

I use the Hilliard Extreme Duty clutches and they are very affordable and work very well. Never had an issue...but keep it oiled, but that's with any clutch!

SAS289

I use the Hilliard Extreme Duty clutches and they are very affordable and work very well. Never had an issue...but keep it oiled, but that's with any clutch!
I am using the stock clutch on a Coleman that uses a caged needle bearing. Hasn't seen, or will see a drop of oil. I packed it with high temp automotive grease before it was ever ridden. Multiple rides and no issues.

They clatter more than others. tend to be more grabby than others aswell. Definatly more grabby than the cheap china clutches. Ofcourse it depends on the bike aswell and how stressed it is. I did have a hub that the built in key broke out of. They sent me a new hub for it no charge. Very good clutches though for sure.