Hodaka E code engine

I have an Ace 100 with an E stamped in it but doesn't really match the number stamps was wondering if the E was stamped later by a dealer or from the factory? If anyone has a pic of there e code I would like to compare mine to it

Hopefully, this will answer some questions regarding "E code" Hodaka engines !

I restored a Hodaka about 12 years ago and I learned that Hodaka engines with an "E code" signified that they were either "replacement engines" or engines Hodaka supplied for bikes made by other manufacturers. Original engines that came on Hodaka-produced bikes did not have an "E" in the code.....but if you trashed an engine and bought a replacement from Hodaka.....the engine you received would have an "E" in the code.

The following quote is from the Strictly Hodaka website and gives info to clarify some of the Hodaka engine codes:

"Motors with the letter "E" are Ace 100 or Ace 90 motors that went into Bonanza Hodakas . The Ace 100 " E" motors would have also been used in Steen Hodakas or Rickman Hodaka's. The letter "E" motors could have also been sold by your Hodaka dealer as a new complete motor without the bike. Motor letter " F " was the very early Ace100/MX ( Super Rat 93) motors. These were available in 1970 and the motors started with F-2257. Once production of the early Super Rat started the motor designation changed to "EM" as posted below. Motor letter "EM" replacement production early Super Rat ( 93) motor Motor letter "EH" replacement production Wombat ( 94 and 94A) motor Motor letter "EJ" repacement production Combat Wombat motor Motor letter "EK" replacement production Super Combat motor Motor letter "EL" replacement production Super Rat (98) motor There may be more replacement motor designations but we have yet to see them."

Thanks,

Resto