Homemade Air filter adapter

I thought i'd experiment around with a wooden homemade adapter for my briggs engine, also I'm just cheap :laugh:

I started by Tracing the air filter circumference

Cut

Very rough outline

Sanded

Installed

Done

It probably isn't the most efficient performance wise, but It works.

Last edited:

danc9

Looks great!

There are two kinds of items, those that work, and those that don't. Looks like you have the first! Congrats, you may inspire others to "why not"...... thanks for sharing.

DAN

That is a great idea, it looks way simpler.
There are two kinds of items, those that work, and those that don't. Looks like you have the first! Congrats, you may inspire others to "why not"...... thanks for sharing.

DAN
Thanks guys

good idea. I just dont like the idea of wood, and gasoline! maybe it's me? plastic and gas on the other hand!
That's a nice setup, what's the plastic from?

Wood..."Poor Mans Billit"....
Yep, this saved me 20 bucks! Now I can get that header I was saving up for
I wanna see a oak rod next.
:laugh:

Last edited:
I have to agree with JRZ - go to Home Depot or Lowes in the plumbing dept and find a 2" PVC cap. All you have to do after that is drill the mounting holes and the venturi hole....Done. You can stuff it with foam element or put a K&N style like yours.

I admire your enthusiasm and experimentation though.:thumbsup:

I have to agree with JRZ - go to Home Depot or Lowes in the plumbing dept and find a 2" PVC cap. All you have to do after that is drill the mounting holes and the venturi hole....Done. You can stuff it with foam element or put a K&N style like yours.

I admire your enthusiasm and experimentation though.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I see you have a industrial plus engine also, they make very strong engines

N I never really thought of using a PVC cap, I'll have to try that next time. I'm with you JZR, I rather have plastic over wood.

buckeye

That looks great Grant. On that header, 3/4 in. Pipe right? I am gonna do almost the same thing for a old 5 brigg for my manco t-bird. Good attention to detail.

That looks great Grant. On that header, 3/4 in. Pipe right? I am gonna do almost the same thing for a old 5 brigg for my manco t-bird. Good attention to detail.
Yeah the pipe was temporary for when I was starting the engine up. Now if I can only find an 18 wheeler air horn laying around :rolleyes:

Last edited: